hot rims (literally)

chaby_91

Reaction score
Today, I installed my new rims. They are Konig Zero 17x7 with 215/45/17 tires. I bought them used.

At first, it seemed that when I braked, the disks were rubbing against the brake pads or whatever. Then, on the highway a noise appeared which was like if something was not turning correctly... Finally, when I got back home after a 10-15 minutes ride, I noticed that the rims were unusually hot... or warm, whatever... I must say I never touched my rims after I used my car before, but It doesn't seem normal to me...

Ask questions if you need more information

If anyone knows what the problem is, your knowledge would be greatly appreciated

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Yeah, your rims will get hot depending on weather temperature outside, and how hard you were using the brakes over a period of time. This is normal. Are they getting hot to the point of lighting a cigarette from them, or the paint bubbling? If so, then there's a problem.

chaby_91

Reaction score
Yeah, your rims will get hot depending on weather temperature outside, and how hard you were using the brakes over a period of time. This is normal. Are they getting hot to the point of lighting a cigarette from them, or the paint bubbling? If so, then there's a problem.

No, they won't light a cigarette, I guess I just got scared for that.

Anyone knows about the " not turn round" thing... I will let you know if it goes away or I'm just insane

chaby_91

Reaction score
Sorry for my english, I'm from Quebec, Canada... and this is some vocabulary I don't have yet but I'll try to give you an exemple...

Let's say you have a disk on a turning shaft, but the disk is not pierced in the middle... this is what I feel...

I'll take it for a ride... just to make sure I'm not crazy... maybe I'm just looking for a defect on them...

Back