How can we get 6thgen more activity?

Shaggy

Fearless Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
A) I think we should limit the number of pages that can be viewed as a guest. I recall V6P forum does that, and that limitation actually motivated me to become a member, in order to source out more info from them iirc. I became a member up here eventually, but it's still surprising to me that this forum doesn't have that restriction. Thus, anyone can source out our info pretty much indefinitely without becoming a registered member as of now. In fact, I still see a handful of non-bot visitors looking around our pages for hours everyday. Our cars are old. They can be reliable, but there can be many mechanical problems. I'm sure there are plenty of 6gen owners out there now that are still trying to get that reliability by sourcing out their solutions to the common problems on our cars that were discussed million times. Right now, they just come and go away, quickly, quietly, and anonymously. We have tons of info unlike the social media's. The amount of the info is our strength. If we limit the viewing counts, I'm sure those visitors will eventually wanting to be a registered member to complete their researches more efficiently, and eventually be able to interact with us.

B) I also think some one needs to terminate the limitation parameters of our post editing function. Member's Ride Thread & For Sale Thread have been affected heavily, and I'm sure many people have lost their interests in keeping up with their original posts, ever since the big change happened in this website about 4 years ago. Honestly, if I could edit my original posts on my ride thread at anytime, I would visit this website WAY more frequently than now haha.

I removed the time limitation to edit posts. So members should now be able to edit their members ride threads.

sunroof

Reaction score
Damn, you all went to school and it shows with this high caliber vocabulary y'all got going on LOL. Everything you all mentioned is definitively correct. I'm an accord guy, the cb7 forum has died, the 5thgenalive (i think it was called) is shut down, thankfully this is at least still around, thankfully! But yes, these cars are old, and also, they are disappearing because of wrecks. I just picked up a 2000 coupe and got my son a 150k miles 5 speed 97 EX CD accord, and we started hitting the junkyards to get parts for them, and there are a lot of CG and CD accords there. It breaks my heart, sometimes very little damage, f23s and j30s still look MINT! Even a good number of 5 speed CGs. There are like 3 junkyards we visit in the metro area, and multiply that times 50 states….sad. But that’s the reality today. I personally chose the CG because of the room for turbo later on, and the style, I hate the look of 03+ accords, and the interior is terrible looking to me. CGs were the last decent looking accords to me, and simple enough and easy to work on. I got my son the CD as a project, he’s 16 and I taught him how to drive stick shift, and he has learned a lot with all the work we had to do on the CD. I do get the emails, but if I did not have a CG, I most likely would not be here.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I removed the time limitation to edit posts. So members should now be able to edit their members ride threads.
OMG... I can edit it. Thanks for listening to us, Shaggy. It must have been difficult to operate this place, especially when it's running by free membership & many people with ad-free browsers nowadays. I believed in you that you will one day make this happen. Thank you again for your effort. This truly shows us why this site still rocks.

Shaggy

Fearless Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
OMG... I can edit it. Thanks for listening to us, Shaggy. It must have been difficult to operate this place, especially when it's running by free membership & many people with ad-free browsers nowadays. I believed in you that you will one day make this happen. Thank you again for your effort. This truly shows us why this site still rocks.

Thanks! Hopefully sometime soon this site can get some activity back. Will be working on trying to do that.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
I have been trying for ages to get a lot of these young guys on the Facebook groups to this page. Everyday it is the same questions or problems, with 99% of the answers can be found here. It seems most don't want to have to search or look for answers in anyway, just want to be spoon feed. I miss the days when forums were all there was. I for one love this site, anytime I have a issue a few searches and the answer can be found.

Zelf24

Reaction score
I unfortunately had to get rid of my EX-V6 with 308,388 miles. I loved that car, but it sprung a terminal oil leak that would’ve cost way more than I was willing to spend on the car last year, so it just sat in the back yard unused and went further down hill from there.

I say all that to say that this forum was so invaluable to me over the last 17+ years that I owned my 6th gen.

As for directing more traffic to this site, it pains me to say it, but I think more and more of us owners are fading each day. Kudos to those still keeping them running. If I had to do over I’d buy another with 0 miles on the odometer in a heart beat!

IMG_8988.jpeg

Island Boy

Reaction score
Nothing.

Both this site and V6performance.net have been dead for years now. Over on V6P, there are only 2 long time members who will respond to posts on occasion...myself and ScottWax (now a Moderator).

Most of this new generation of kids buying these old accords for beaters and cheap reliable cars don't seem to really use websites anymore. They are on the so called "Social Media" sites...right?

I don't like it either but that is the way it is now. It was great while it lasted.
I have a 2000 Accord EX and, I still love this car. I have over 300K on it and, it still runs great with the original engine and transmission (auto). Do you happen to know what is the largest wheel and tire size I can put on without it rubbing on the fender? Also, what is the bolt pattern as I am looking for wheels. I plan to have it re-painted in NH0 - Competition White. I have heard all you can do with these is cold air intake, catback, and coilovers. I tried finding 4-2-1 headers but, I can't find anything. I called Megan but, they said they don't sell those and something about it being illegal.,

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Nothing.

Both this site and V6performance.net have been dead for years now. Over on V6P, there are only 2 long time members who will respond to posts on occasion...myself and ScottWax (now a Moderator).

Most of this new generation of kids buying these old accords for beaters and cheap reliable cars don't seem to really use websites anymore. They are on the so called "Social Media" sites...right?

I don't like it either but that is the way it is now. It was great while it lasted.
Your comment actually reminded me to revive my account on V6P after all these years. I recall joining them before 6GA, and I thought I should do that now. Was surprised to see how things have changed over there, I've totally forgotten about that lol. Anyhow, it's very nice to check out some stuff that's more dedicated and specific to the J-series accords once again, still to this date. Now that I've been working on the motor swap with my CL, I forgot how resourceful it was now. Things have been so long, I even forgot why I lost touch with V6P lol.

Evan Young

Reaction score
Saw the email with this thread in it and logged in to see what was posted, so by that metric the email did help :shrug:

I am actually planning to drop the rear subframe on my cg soon, to swap for one not full of rust. (I think there is more oxidation than metal left in the drums). Might post some pics and make an actual thread. Miss the old days when forums were where people were.

Back