How dark is your Tint ???

HaloCoupe

Reaction score
Im getting tint saturday and i still havent made up my mind what percent i want..Im leaning torwards 20%

1.)post pics after you comment
2.)Also list if you have been pulled for it
3.)Visibility at night

Thanks

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
mines like 50% i think...

1. pics in the members rides section if you care to look ;)
2. no cause its 50f/35r in wisconsin
3. great...not too dark but just dark enough

cops will hassle you in wisconsin for darker tint, even if it is just 35% in the front...

Crono139

Reaction score
15% all around except for the windshield.

Pulled over twice for it, but got away with warnings each time. Coming home at 1ish in the morning, and I was stopped in the busy part of town. It was in the winter, too.

I see perfect at night.

781143004_l.jpg

DaAccord98

Reaction score
1-5% all around and 35% windshield
2-Not alot of pullin over for them
3-in the nite u wont see me =)

look at the driver window so u could c how dark they r compare to the lil edge of the window
CIMG2756.jpg

CIMG2716.jpg

CIMG2708.jpg

CIMG2717.jpg

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
5% is retarded on the fronts...my buddies car came with it (or it might have even been 2.5%) and he drove with the windows down even in bright sunlight :dunce:

in some places, a cop wont even approach your car with tints that dark. he'll just do the stop felony-style. if theres more than 2 people in the car...oooo...cops do not like that one bit...he will have his hand on his gun, unstrapped and ready to rock when he approaches the car...believe it. been there, done that.

even though it might look cool, its not worth the hassling/tickets from the boys. why not just do it legally so you only pay once?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
nope 50% lol, 35% is only legal if you have a note saying your eyes are sensitive to the sun. Otherwise its 50% front / 35% rear windows and I think anything for the back glass, not sure though.

And yeah, only been ticketed on the peninsula, never even think twice about cops & my tint when I'm @ VT

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
sadly, i dont have any good day pics except maybe the one im gonna post. anyway, i have 5% on the rear, and 20% on the driver and passenger front door windows.

l_98abce578956702bbe11f5e89e0fa642.jpg

DSC01582EDIT.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

and heres another, im next to my friends jetta
DSC01384.jpg

b) ive been pulled over for it once, cuz my town sucks, but thats the only place ive been pulled over for it. it was recent too, i still need to pay the ticket, haha.

c) night driving is real easy with the fronts tinted at 20%. ive never had the fronts tinted on any of my cars, ive had 3, but i always had the rear at 5% or lower. my lincoln had 5% on the rear and my accord had 2.5% on the rear too, never the fronts on those cars. so im pretty usded to how it is at night. backing up is easy if you can do it with your mirrors, which makes backing up 10 times easier then even looking back, imo. when i back up at night with the gti, i just roll down my window and use the mirror, its real easy.

Back