How difficult it is to remove I4 or V6 Tranmission???

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Example:

Tag-Bag-GEDC1231.jpg

javy9774

Reaction score
Depends if you have a lift, power tools or on the ground with basic tools non power craftsman, Stanley.

briansan

Reaction score
really depends on your experience with car work.
lots of things to disconnect and unbolt and remember where they went...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Pretty much takes experience, lol.

My first engine, 89 CRX Dx, after I did an MPFI & Turbo, 14hrs, of course I mad some dumbass mistakes (like...leaving the trans in...:doh: )

Now, (example) Nissan Maxima, change trans in 1.5hrs, leave the engine in.

Used to use cardboard like that, best way. Now I throw bolts in a pile, but tell me, who can match the diameter, length, and thread pitch from memory?

RawCarnage

Reaction score
When i owned a 4th gen prelude i had to do the clutch, i just used ziplock bags and labeled them. It was pretty easy, the only trouble i had was not having everything i needed and getting the transmission out and back in. The accord is basically the same way(4cyl that is dont know about the v6). So for me getting everything off the transmission( axels, plugs, clutch line, starter and making sure nothing is connected to the tranny )about 2.5hr, the bolts holding the tranny to the mounts and the engine about 30mins. Now taking out the tranny 1hr( alot of maneuvering). installing new clutch and flywheel 20mins. putting everything back together was about 3hrs. now that is not including the wait time from missing parts and tools i needed. I put all the parts in the trunk so i wouldnt lose them. Its actually pretty easy, just do it in a place where its warm and you have music. Be patient! if you feel yourself getting frustrated walk away for a few and take a break.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
That cardboard idea is genius. Howd you come up with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dunno: probly read it....actually, probly learned from my first 'major' job instructor (replace headgasket on a volvo in 9th grade Auto Tech class)

Back