How do I fix this?

JEER42

Reaction score
Removing the tint might be the only way to really clean that.

BriTess

Reaction score
It's because of the raised dot matrix on the rear window. The tint cannot stick to the window itself because the dots are in the way, so it leaves air pockets. Really the only thing you can do is to get it retinted and see if the new tinter can fix it or get some black vinyl and put it on the outside of the window to cover it up.

bruinlax22

Reaction score
i have a little bit of that too but not that much due to the tint..our cars have those little balls or what every they are at the top of the window...just take it to a tint place

+1 take it to a good tint place and see what they say...

chriskarel

Reaction score
It's because of the raised dot matrix on the rear window. The tint cannot stick to the window itself because the dots are in the way, so it leaves air pockets. Really the only thing you can do is to get it retinted and see if the new tinter can fix it or get some black vinyl and put it on the outside of the window to cover it up.

this. I've asked 5 tint shops and they all say the same thing. it'll never look right. it sucks, but 'dot matrix' is fun to say. anyway, just put a strip on the outside the same shade as your tint.

Back