How do I get the top light in the tails to come on only when using turn signal?

White6GAV6

Reaction score
I literally just did this like 30 minutes ago, except I used tape so it's easy to revert back to having them on. Should be a must for coupes. Looks great, pretty much doesn't cost anything, and takes 15 minutes max.

todd_cards

Reaction score
I literally just did this like 30 minutes ago, except I used tape so it's easy to revert back to having them on. Should be a must for coupes. Looks great, pretty much doesn't cost anything, and takes 15 minutes max.

mind letting me know what you taped off! did you take pictures? and what kind of bulbs do you have?

White6GAV6

Reaction score
No i didn't take any pictures, but it's quite easy. I have the stock/factory bulb. All you have to do is pull the top bulb harness out, look to see where the red wire is positioned, determine which prong(guess that's what it's called? drew a blank), cover that up with a piece of electrical tape making sure it isn't covering any other one though. Plug the bulb back in and check to see if it works.

Let me know if that makes sense.

todd_cards

Reaction score
No i didn't take any pictures, but it's quite easy. I have the stock/factory bulb. All you have to do is pull the top bulb harness out, look to see where the red wire is positioned, determine which prong(guess that's what it's called? drew a blank), cover that up with a piece of electrical tape making sure it isn't covering any other one though. Plug the bulb back in and check to see if it works.

Let me know if that makes sense.

makes since to me! glad to find someone witht he stock bulb also! thats what i have. ill figure it out you explained well. just not sure on the red wire and what to cover up.. ill figure it out hopefully!

Mikey

Reaction score
Remove the bulb for the turn signal. Put a small, thin piece of electrical tape over one of the metal contacts. Put the bulb back in. If it still lights up, remove bulb and place the tape on the other contact and put it back in. It should then NOT light up.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Remove the bulb for the turn signal. Put a small, thin piece of electrical tape over one of the metal contacts. Put the bulb back in. If it still lights up, remove bulb and place the tape on the other contact and put it back in. It should then NOT light up.

This. It's pretty much a trial and error deal. Also make sure you try your turn signals too when you do it. And just a FYE, turn signals don't work when the car is off.

storms

Reaction score
I'm also curious to find out how to run my high beam bulbs without my low beams being illuminated as well? I recently bought some yellow 9005 high beams and I've seen other Accords on here with that setup and just wanted to know how to get them to come on without the low beams on too. Thanks for any input.

If your still looking for DRL kits check out hamsar, they make DRL module kits for low and high beam!!

Back