How do i remove side moldings?

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone has done this and if so, how?

I've done it on a Cavalier and Neon but i want to make sure i don't mess up the paint at all.

Last time i used a credit card and the time before that i used fishing wire. Is the Accord basically the same? Does the paint get messed up at all?

Thanks!

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
make sure you roll up your window first.......remove the door panel (REF below for door panel removal instructions)...then pull back the white plastic...the molding has clips that hold it to the door as well as two sided tape.......it helps to have one person popping the clips on the inside of the door panel and another applying pressure from the outside to remove it...

A:to remove the door panel there is one screw behind the door handle and another in the bottom of the tray thats next to the window switch...then remove the plastic triangle where the side mirror is...then start popping the clips by pulling hard but don't let the door panel pull too far...after all the clips are out lift up and unplug all the wires

Last edited:

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
wow, not nearly as easy as i thought it was. I was told too that i'd need to fill the holes up. I think i might just hold off on this for now unless i can maybe find some silver moldings.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, taking our moldings off isnt gonna get you that "shaved" look. youd have to fix the clip holes and molding imprints yourself or take it to a body shop to achieve that look.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Painted moldings look good enough. You can just paint them yourself. I've actually done it with them still on the car, mask well. I'd recommend taking them off though.

Phut

Reaction score
if it's silver, color matching will be kind of difficult. it may come out lighter or darker than the rest of your car.

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
I agree, i think getting stock painted ones would probably be my best bet, but i'm not really prepared to pay that much money just for colored moldings. :p

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
LCPLPunk said:
I agree, i think getting stock painted ones would probably be my best bet, but i'm not really prepared to pay that much money just for colored moldings. :p

and that my friend is why you should just remove then=m and drive to a local paint shop mayco might even do a decent job

Back