How do I take my mirror apart completely

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
It needs paint and I have to strip all the old paint off of it because whenever I try to paint over it the old paint just bubbles up and peels off. It doesn't peel easy though... I now have 7 hours into spray painting and sanding trying to get the old crap off... Brake cleaner didn't even get it all. Now it's peeling in random places such as around the mirror on the inside. I want the mirror gutted so I can get some real paint stripper on it and I can paint it a lot easier. I've gotten down to taking the triangle off and the black piece on the inside of the pivot. I can see the motor but I don't know how it comes out. This is driving me insane after putting so much time into it and I end up having to Jerry rig it so I can legally drive or else I wouldn't have a driver side mirror.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
FNCONE just made some frankenstein side mirrors, might be able to help you out.

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
I still don't see how to take the mirror apart. How does the glass come off? I'm really thinking about buying a new one. Where is a good place to get replacement mirrors, new, no damage, paint is in good shape. The one I just ruined was a replacement it was almost brand new but I pulled it off my parts car. I'm pretty bummed out about smashing it. :/

xci.ed6

Reaction score
glass is held on ith clips that are glued on the back

you can't really reach them...

AFAIK you just pry, and risk breaking them

I know you can get new glass from car parts stores, IDK how good it is, but it's there...

Back