How do I wire 2 channel to 4 channel?

Accord281

Reaction score
Have you checked the setting on your deck to make sure the balance is set to 0? Just want to make sure a simple oversight has not occured.

Johnson

Reaction score
hmm...the white boxes are each wired to the speaker wires coming out of the deck. If you look on those wires, they should have small lettering with "front left +", "front left -", etc. If they don't, check the installation manual for the deck and see which color is what. Whichever box is wired to the ones that say "front" is your front speakers. And, the other is rear. Are both back speakers working now? I would reverse the RCAs and then see if the other speakers work. (do front into 8/5 and rear into 7/4). If this changes the non-working speakers, then I would suspect that one of the channels on the amp doesn't work. If the same speakers don't work, I would suspect that the white box wired to them is bad. That is the more likely situation since you have already changed amps.

they dont have small lettering. i think i remember the black tape on the 2 channel sub so its rear? i just retightened the caps and now the front left speaker works and rear right.. LOL its getting better!

Accord281

Reaction score
Yeah I re-edited my post. Are you running an amp for the subs and a seperate amp for the speakers? And is that a factory deck?

Johnson

Reaction score
Yeah I re-edited my post. Are you running an amp for the subs and a seperate amp for the speakers? And is that a factory deck?

2 channel amp for subs and 4 channel amp for speakers. they are factory. i just switched the hi/low and it played only from the rear left as opposed to front left and rear right

Accord281

Reaction score
hmmm...i think my knowledge is at its limits. I would have to actually be there to try some stuff out. I would just play with some settings to see what they do to narrow down the cause. I'm sorry I can't help you more than I am able to without being there.

So here is basically how it should be run (sub amp included here):
You need 2 rca splitters (like cord 4 but they should sell ones where both male ends are the same color and not one of each).
connect the splitters to the rear rca and then into 8/5 on speaker amp and 1/2 on sub amp (watch colors here to make sure the red on rear rca is hooked to red on both amps, regardless of colors on splitter).
connect front rca to 7/4.

Beyond that, just play with settings on the amp and see what happens. I hope I have at least helped a little bit!

Johnson

Reaction score
hmmm...i think my knowledge is at its limits. I would have to actually be there to try some stuff out. I would just play with some settings to see what they do to narrow down the cause. I'm sorry I can't help you more than I am able to without being there.

So here is basically how it should be run (sub amp included here):
You need 2 rca splitters (like cord 4 but they should sell ones where both male ends are the same color and not one of each).
connect the splitters to the rear rca and then into 8/5 on speaker amp and 1/2 on sub amp (watch colors here to make sure the red on rear rca is hooked to red on both amps, regardless of colors on splitter).
connect front rca to 7/4.

Beyond that, just play with settings on the amp and see what happens. I hope I have at least helped a little bit!

I looked at radio shack and they only have the white and red. I tested it out and the colors dont matter. i get the rear part but not the sub part please elaborate. you helped a more than a little bit! Thanks!!

Last edited:

dynasty

Reaction score
i hope this answer your question.

2 channel amp is for the sub. 4 channel for the cabin speakers. i'm sure you know how to wire the speaker wire to the speaker. for the RCA cables. RCA output from headunit>RCA to 4 channel amp input>RCA from 4 channel amp output to 2 channel amp input.

as for the colors of the RCA, some are Red/black. some are Red/white. it doesn't really matter. as long as the red matches, then your fine.

Johnson

Reaction score
ok.. now i think one of my hi to low blew. I used my working hi to low rca and plugged it in every input hole and it played all the speakers but instead of the right front it played the right tweeter.. i think i might get an aftermarket stereo

dynasty

Reaction score
if you have an RCA to headphone jack, wire that directly to an ipod or a mp3 player. and test it through there.

as for your hi and low, i don't know what you're talking about. are you wiring your cabin speakers along with your tweeters? how did you wire it up?

Back