how do u get the rear struts out???

4door accord02

Reaction score
45aba0a4-e239-b696.jpg

See how the bottom is stuck?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC on 6.7.230 ICS Leak using Tapatalk 2
Flashed to Cricket Wireless*Talk/Text/MMS/3G

just did this last night.....it was a lot of fun.....if your doing it by your self you will have to loosen one of end link bolts .....to get it out......

Last edited:

RallyMachine

Reaction score
^^This. Doing this was a pain for me as well. My friend and I used a giant pry bar to get the hub assembly to move down enough to get it out and broke a sway bar link in the process. So either take off the link (very difficult) or mess with it until does come out (very difficult as well).

4door accord02

Reaction score
^^This. Doing this was a pain for me as well. My friend and I used a giant pry bar to get the hub assembly to move down enough to get it out and broke a sway bar link in the process. So either take off the link (very difficult) or mess with it until does come out (very difficult as well).

did you experience doing the fronts??Im curious to know how those will turn out....

RallyMachine

Reaction score
Surprisingly the fronts were easier than the rears despite the fact that there are more bolts on the fronts because they took less maneuvering to get out. That sway bar is definitely in the way of the rears coming out and taking off the link is a nightmare. That was the major difference for me.

4door accord02

Reaction score
Surprisingly the fronts were easier than the rears despite the fact that there are more bolts on the fronts because they took less maneuvering to get out. That sway bar is definitely in the way of the rears coming out and taking off the link is a nightmare. That was the major difference for me.[/QUOTE

well im hoping the fronts are easier, some people say the rears are easier but will see when i start the fronts on the weeken?

haoleflip

Reaction score
I'd have to say the fronts took us an hour and the rears took us almost 4 hours with a 30 minute break. It was a pain getting the rears out without disassembling any end links or stabilizers. My bigger friend had to stand on the disc to push it down while I was underneath with a crowbar prying out the bottom of the strut from where it was stuck in between the sway bar and end links. Lol....we had a tough time, but got it done! BTW here's a quick pic. I'll get better ones later once i clean her up.

Warning: Not for people who don't like body kits, but I like it. :)

18086f73-54c7-09fc.jpg

18086f73-54dc-3a7b.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC on 6.7.230 ICS Leak using Tapatalk 2
Flashed to Cricket Wireless*Talk/Text/MMS/3G

Back