how do you tighten your front windows

cj92

Reaction score
I just got my windows re-tinted and when we were tinting them i realized when my windows were rolled part way down that i could move my windows back and forth so they have quite a bit of play in them. I'm getting ready to put some sound deadener on my door so i wanna fix it real quick is it as easy as tightening the clips that hold the windows any help would be appreciated.

619rcr

Reaction score
There should be a couple bolts that hold the glass to the regulator. You can pull the door panel off and chk em. It could be the regulator too.

scrapnav6

Reaction score
They dont usually get loose unless it was serviced before and someone lift them loose. The tabs that are mounted to the glass might be broken off.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
Sounds like an easy fix!

Mine actually rocks back and forth (I can lift up/push down on the back of the glass and move it) didn't know it was fixable. If any one does this, take pictures of what is like. I've never taken the white plastic off so I'm curious of what all is back there.

This same fix would work for manual windows too I'm assuming, right?

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Sounds like an easy fix!

Mine actually rocks back and forth (I can lift up/push down on the back of the glass and move it) didn't know it was fixable. If any one does this, take pictures of what is like. I've never taken the white plastic off so I'm curious of what all is back there.

This same fix would work for manual windows too I'm assuming, right?

The plastic is just a water cover, its nothing to worry about if taken off. Your mounting brackets for the glass may be broken like said above. If you hear the motor but the glass dosent move you need a new regulator. If there is no motor sound you need a new motor.

cj92

Reaction score

The plastic is just a water cover, its nothing to worry about if taken off. Your mounting brackets for the glass may be broken like said above. If you hear the motor but the glass dosent move you need a new regulator. If there is no motor sound you need a new motor.

my windows roll up and down just fine but i can move them slightly side to side

Back