How is this misrepresented?

Griffeycom

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, please move it to the appropriate area if needed.

Quick summary. Sold some stuff here on the forum, surplus parts from my car. Things that didn't sell I listed on eBay. Someone bought my tail light I listed for my car and 2 weeks after the sale date, 1.5 after the recieved the light they claim it is the wrong one and that I 'misrepresented' my item. I'll let you be the judge...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0486011983&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESOX:IT

What do you think? Is that a right-center tail light for a 98-00 Accord Sedan?

Griffeycom

Reaction score
never sell on ebay.

they're asking for a partial refund, right?

LOL No!! He wants me to refund shipping as well. I've honestly never had a problem on eBay before, I know it CAN be sketchy and I try to not sell there when I can (usually use Amazon or forums) but I just wanted these parts out of my house so I listed them there. *sigh* we'll see how much eBay's "Seller Protection" helps me...wish me luck.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
looks legit... it's ebay.. buyers always look for ways to dispute a transaction... same goes for my company/website.... tons of disputes...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If he read the listing, asked you ANY questions he had and you answered them to his satisfaction...I don't see how you can be held liable. Hope it works out.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Dude **** that. There is a picture of it and everything. If the buyer was too stupid to look at the picture, and then look at the part he needed, and couldn't match them up he's a ****ing retard.

Tell him to go screw.

eggs

Reaction score
the buyer prob has an 01-02 accord and it doesnt fit since there dif tail lights the guy sounds like he didnt do any research

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
LOL No!! He wants me to refund shipping as well. I've honestly never had a problem on eBay before, I know it CAN be sketchy and I try to not sell there when I can (usually use Amazon or forums) but I just wanted these parts out of my house so I listed them there. *sigh* we'll see how much eBay's "Seller Protection" helps me...wish me luck.
its "ebay buyer protection"...thats why i will never sell on ebay again.

2010 alone, ive:
-gotten a partial refund for a partially broken product without ebay's help (seller couldn't pack)
-filed a claim through ebay, won. i dont think the seller even had a chance to respond. ebay pays for return shipping, refunds full price.
-got a refund without ebay's help, minus my return shipping
-heading towards a possible dispute right now :ughrun:

so, if he bought it out of error or whatever, tell him he needs to pay return shipping and you will refund the original item ending cost and shipping. since it was not misrepresented, plus there is a clear picture--in the correct orientation--showing what it is, let ebay deal with it. they will "take" the money back, obviously, but cut your losses and run. be glad it's only a couple bucks if it shows up with 2 pieces of cardboard taped to it, not in the box you sent it in.

in case #3, if the seller wasnt nice about it, i would have been a dick and put it back in the bull**** box he cobbled together...but i used a box from my stash and packed it well. also dont be surprised if it shows up in 3000 pieces, or you get a jeep tail light in return...ebay doesnt give a **** about what's in the box, as long as they get a tracking number, the money goes back to the buyer.

Back