How much do the stock 14" DX rims weigh?

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking that I might be able to gain a little more oomph with smaller rims, so....does anyone have the DX rims and know how much they weigh?

I'm currently running the 15" SE rims, but I think if I went to 14 inchers I might lose a pound or two in rim weight AND tire weight, AND tires would probably be cheaper too.

finch13

Reaction score
Hahaha... well going from 15" SE alloys to 14" steel wheels to save a few pounds is not the brightest idea...

Tire weight between them is negligible... and 14" tire are going to have MORE rubber to account for the reduction in wheel size.

Tire cost is going to be negligible... save a buck or two per tire? I bet they cost the same.

Just save your time and money, there is no way it would make a measurable difference in power, if any. Your butt dyno won't even be able to tell the difference.

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
I was unaware that they were steel rims, so you're right, probably won't make a hill of beans difference.

What size/weight are the Rotas? I think I remember weighing my SE rims and they weighed about 15 lbs a piece, are they really lighter than that?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Your better off taking out the spare tire,tools,back-seat and running 91+ octane to get a little more "umph"

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
As far as I know the octane increase won't do anything..the weight savings will help, but I did that with my old Neon and I don't really want to do that again.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
As far as I know the octane increase won't do anything..the weight savings will help, but I did that with my old Neon and I don't really want to do that again.

Octane increased 1-2hp. You can run E85 ethanol and it will make a difference. That's 105 octane....don't recommend it tho

finch13

Reaction score
Er... octane is a measure of gasolines resistance to detonation, not power. Higher octane does not equal more power unless the engine was tuned on a certain fuel.

Back