How much should I expect to pay to have my front bumper cover painted?

cb7ncg3coupes

Reaction score
Just got the one for $85. it fits well and dont look bad!!!, The back and sides are silver off the doner so thinking about 2 toning it. any thaughts???

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I would choose the primered piece, and have your shop painted & paint-matched. This is just a reference, but to my knowedge, black is not so difficult to have it paint-matched when compared with silver, gold, red, and white, so your labor shouldn't be heavily expensive. Having this pre-painted bumper might work out okay in your case of the car being black, but I think that's a gamble. If you'll be able to have a difference in price among your choice being not so big, I'd go w/ the primered one.←Even if you'll end up paying more for this, those differences in extra price will be invested as your satisfaction of the final result. (Quality of the paint job done by your shop w/ paint being matched.) More or less, what if this pre-painted bumper doesn't suite your car really well? Or what if the paint becomes depleted after an year or two? I'm sure the piece itself will look nice and shiny in the beginning, but I can never trust the quality of those pre-painted bumbers in terms of how they were processed.←That's just my opinion.

I'm actually trying to renew my bumper, too. My problem is choosing either Honda genuine or aftermarket. I've seen some really inexpensive aftermarket bumpers online for about $50, but are those really legit? Mine is '02 btw (front grill being part of the bumper), and I've seen several cars with their upper portion of the grill being bent downward when it's lined with the hood being closed←Is this the down side of having an aftermarket bumper? I'm sure it's really "you get what you paid for", but I just want to know the common down side of having a really inexpensive aftermarket bumper. Does anybody know some cons for having an aftermarket piece that I should be aware of?

Last edited:

David456

Banned
Reaction score
Get the primered 1 n have it shade printed that way it will all look the same shade. The colored fender might not look the same shade as u r car considering our vehicles r over 10 decades of age . . . . .

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Def get it color matched. I had bought a new fender already painted and because paint fades over time, the brand new color looked completely different that if I had the whole front end color matched

TheMole

Reaction score
Becareful of ebay as some sellers ship through Greyhound express (you pick it up from a local station). They need to pack it pretty well so that paint does not come damaged during transit.

Back