how to change side mirror

Raul

Reaction score
I tried pulling it off, and it wont come off at all! Even the 2001 mirror has the wiring cut off. I see it has 5 wires, i guess 1 for heated and 4 for powered stuff (up/down/left/right).

001Stunna

Reaction score
I tried pulling it off, and it wont come off at all! Even the 2001 mirror has the wiring cut off. I see it has 5 wires, i guess 1 for heated and 4 for powered stuff (up/down/left/right).

The clip-on socket is pretty much 5cm in if you pull the door panel corner up a bit. It's not visible if you just take the triangle cover off. Before you go off cutting stuff if you want make it to a west meet one thursday.

Raul

Reaction score
The clip-on socket is pretty much 5cm in if you pull the door panel corner up a bit. It's not visible if you just take the triangle cover off. Before you go off cutting stuff if you want make it to a west meet one thursday.

I wont start cutting for sure. My door panel is so stubborn and it come off. I guess we would have to cut off part of my original pigtail with socket and then wire it with the new foldable mirror. I just hope it works.....urghhh should have just got a 99 or 2000 coupe :(

I wish I could make it to west meet with accord. It has no insurance.

Raul

Reaction score
:bump:

So I installed the mirrors but I still need to solder them in order to have power and heated options. My 98 mirrors have 5 wires; 2 black, 1 green, 1 yellow and 1 red. 2001 mirrors have the same except the driver side. It has 5 wires too but instead of yellow it has grey wire. All I need to do is just to solder or get someone to solder them to the respective wire, correct?

New Problem:
Passenger side window does not work! FML! I ensured all the connectors are in and still the window does not roll up or down :(

Back