How to get iPod cable through glovebox??

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
just take out the glove box. i did it and i believe there is only 4-5 screws holding it in

kykiee

Reaction score
You can do it without drilling into the glove box. You will see in the picture. You can actually slide the cable through the headunit side to the bottom of the glove box. If you have any questions, ask me. BTW i have a pioneer headunit, but the cables are pretty much the same size.

ipodcable.jpg

CHID0

Reaction score
drill teh hole

+1
I drilled a hole with a dremel in a friends glove compartment to get the ipod cable back there. I had mine running everywhere from just under the radio bezel in that tuck-away area to in the armrest to the cup holder.....:coffee:

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
You can do it without drilling into the glove box. You will see in the picture. You can actually slide the cable through the headunit side to the bottom of the glove box. If you have any questions, ask me. BTW i have a pioneer headunit, but the cables are pretty much the same size.

ipodcable.jpg

I might try that out once my stuff comes... thanks man i'll ask any questions if needed

donpisto

Reaction score
I have my ipod cable coming out from the bottom pocket under the radio, i'll go snap a quick picture. I do have my navigation in my glove compartment and it is a piece of cake to do.

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

You can take the glove box out but I saw from the opposite side that nothing was there. To make things easier on me, I just got a scrwedriver and pushed in the plastic a little to make a dent and looked from the other side to see if anything would come in contact with it. It didn't so I proceeded to drill.

Back