How to remove OEM strut bar?

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the OEM strut bar that connects the strut-tops to the firewall? The bolts on the strut are easy enough, but I haven't a clue as to how to remove the part connected to the firewall, no bolts visible and I can only feel something that feels like caps or large rivets, not helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Thinking of using stock bars as a base for something different. Similar to TL bar, but a bit beefier.

Basic Idea:

oemvsmodifiedstrutbar.jpg

Backup Link

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Really? You want to go through all that trouble to make your own strut bar???

Best of luck to ya man... :ugh:

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
A good friend of mine is a professional fabricator, so building it wont be a problem. Maybe even substitute the bends for rough angles to make it even easier. I'm thinking of a way to add width adjustability to make fabrication less exact whilst still retaining rigidity. He has made some seriously heavy duty adjustable control arms for GMT800's so I may look at those first for inspiration.

Not doing it for simplicity or to save costs, I just love projects. And this is fairly simple compared to most of the ones on my list. :thumbsup:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
If you are bored and like projects, more power to you.

May I suggest you make it a little more..... aesthetically pleasing first?? :skurred:

Cuz I don't think you're going to see any gain out of added rigidity beyond, say, the TL, the Neuspeed, etc. SO I hope the biggest reason would be to make it look nice?

Last edited:

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
subscribed :thumbup:

The chances I follow through with this are slim, don't get too excited. :eek:

If you are bored and like projects, more power to you.

May I suggest you make it a little more..... aesthetically pleasing first?? :skurred:

Cuz I don't think you're going to see any gain out of added rigidity beyond, say, the TL, the Neuspeed, etc. SO I hope the biggest reason would be to make it look nice?

I'm looking into different designs, the main focus is to utilize the OEM firewall bars to simplify overall fabrication. Since the overall width can be adjusted, using the stock bars prevents all the headaches associated with replicating those in another design.

Also, it allows all the hoses and wires mounted to it to stay in place and retain a semi-factory appearance. Looks aren't really a focus, as long as it isn't fugly.

Concerning functionality.. Two horizontal braces should provide more rigidity then one, no?

Back