Hp Evo Rims!Help

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
Alrite so after researching these rims... ppl say that there car vibrates from 40-60mph from the front end and that they need rings! Help please

not really sure what this means!! wanna get these rims off another member but idk!
help!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
hubcentric rings.

you put them on the hub, while the wheel is off, then put the wheel on over it and it centers the wheel to the hub.

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
hubcentric rings.

you put them on the hub, while the wheel is off, then put the wheel on over it and it centers the wheel to the hub.

Cool know how much im looking at? and are those rims anygood do u think? im on Steelies atm... have some 19's but im not gonna put em on... gonna Craigslist em up! came to my .2 cents!

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Why? like because of performance? or just to wide? whats ur thoughts on these?

there's too much convavity(if that's even a word) on teh spokes... IMO i think mesh wheels look nice when the spokes are either flat or have very little concavity.

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
there's too much convavity(if that's even a word) on teh spokes... IMO i think mesh wheels look nice when the spokes are either flat or have very little concavity.

I love mesh! my last rims were like 14 or 12 spokes not sure!

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
i love mesh too, i never said that i didnt. But the HP evo rims, the spokes are too curvey and cave in too much and looks weird.

Ima do 01 02 Coupe front end conv when i paint the car so it will look Rly aggresive!! love that look!

finch13

Reaction score
Vibrating doesn't always mean hub centric rings are necessary.

A few resons for vibrations furing certain speeds:
- Unbalanced wheel/tire
- Dented wheel (unbalanced)
- Bad wheel bearing
- Worn suspension bushings

For both sets of wheels I've had, I've never used hubcentric rings and have no vibrations. About two weeks ago I developed a vibration from 60-75 mph, I think the wieght fell off of a wheel or I dented a wheel.

Plus, a lot of times you can center the wheel just fine without rings by tightening the lugs carefully. I usually do them finger tight - 20 - 40 - 60 -80 lb. ft. so the lug pressure is even. Also, the tighter you can get the lugs while the wheel is in the air the better off you'll be. Most people lower the car so the tire contacts the ground so it won't slip while they're tightening the lugs. That can easily knock the wheel off center before the lugs are tight.

Back