HVAC problem?

cliffsta

Reaction score
Here recently, my HVAC controls are starting to act weird. The indicator lights quit working, and it won't cut on the A/C. You can turn on the fan to different speeds, but the A/C won't cut on and you can't change where it blows from. Is my HVAC going out or is this a bad connection in the unit? I figured I'd ask to see if this is a known issue before I go pulling my dash apart. Maybe an individual bad set of switches? Or is my whole unit FUBAR?

Worst case scenario, if the HVAC control is going out, can I swap any unit from any model or did these change with the 01-02 models? How expensive are these?

Since I decided not to sell my car I wanna work out these little bugs for ease of mind.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
very known issue with accords without the digital climate control. I have the same problem, its intermitten

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
+1 on finding out how to change it, and if it's easy or not. Also, model/year compatability. Mine is doing fine now, but everything breaks eventually..

cliffsta

Reaction score
So if its a known issue is there a known fix? Or am I forced to scour Ebay for a replacement? What's the compatabiity among model years?

pattywak

Reaction score
I hate to revive an old thread (flame suit on) but has anyone figured out what might be the cause of this? I've began having this problem with my own Accord and it's starting to kill me in the heat of summer. :nutkick: I didn't want to start a new thread with one already here, so hence the thread revival. I'm hoping it's an easy fix.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
I'm gonna be looking into this shortly, see if I can find anything out, cause i'm having the same issues.... Hopefully I find something out... cause only heat comes out....:squintrun:

pattywak

Reaction score
Bump...I know I'm not the only person wondering this! And this heat wave in the south is killing me!

hotaccord243

Reaction score
It's my next step after the tune, cause it has been killing me too! MN hit 102/104 last week and humid, ugh... Next one on the list though, when I get around to it i'll let you know.

I'm guessing its one of two things, either the HVAC control unit itself that goes into the center console, or its the blender valve inside the blower unit that needs replacing/loosining located directly behind the center console is my guess, as mine just blows heat and that's it.

Cruatchi

Reaction score
Couldn't find what i was looking for when searching, but my question is related to the HVAC.

Is there a DIY on removing the whole blower unit? Or has anyone removed it before? Is it pretty easy and straight forward, like remove the glove box, then undo all the screws and harnesses attached to the blower unit?

I'm really hoping i don't need to take apart the whole dash just to remove the blower unit.

jalusz

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone have any luck with this? My HVAC controls turn themselves on/off. sometimes the indicators will blink for a bit.

The dials work, but when the indicator lights go off, so does the AC / heat.

the fact that it's intermittent leads me to think it's fixable. Can anyone confirm if they've fixed this or if it needs to be replaced?

Back