Hydrolocked the Accord

TDotCord

Reaction score
Here's the background, 4cy with an AEM V2.

Well I never though this would happen but it did. I'm more pissed that I saw the clogged drain coming out of the drive through, and I barely grazed the right side of it from the picture. See link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=78673&l=a1ce8&id=528411001

Anyway, I was coasting coming out the drive thru and veering left (right in the picture)...then he car cuts out. I couldn't get it re-started.

I got it towed home, pulled all the plugs and the far plug on the driver side of the car was a little wet. Here's what I plan:

1: pull power to the ignition

2: pull the fuse to the fuel pump

3: crank it like a mofo....and see if I get water out.

hopefully I can get her restarted. But in the event I need new motor...any ideas of good places with low mileage engines online? F23s

GlassJAw

Reaction score
That water doesnt even look that deep!!
Are you gonna pull the spark plugs when you're cranking it also??

TheHunter

Reaction score
Danmmm that sucks... although you are living in Seattle, without a bypass on the v2... :p I Just installed mine without the bypass but it rains in SoCal what... 3 times a year? ;)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
it's time for a motor upgrade :D

i'll let the car as a whole dry out for a couple days b4 i try cranking it up again

TDotCord

Reaction score
there's no BPV on the V2.

lol Roy...not motor upgrade (I wish)...if anything it'll be a plug and play....reg F23 or a JDM F23A (I believe that's plug and play)...not ready for a new car either

Last edited:

tnguyen600

Reaction score
If you were driving through that puddle slowly, you shouldn't have sucked up water. The only thing I can think that you did was drive through it fairly quick. That and no splash guard under the car. good luck man

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
sucks to hear Ian!!! i had just signed on to facebook and saw the pics...sad

but on a side note..i saw the engagement pics...congrats!!!

TDotCord

Reaction score
lol..thanks Eric

like I mentioned...I came out of the drive thru....I basically coasted around the puddle (actually its a plugged storm drain)...I didn't full throttle or anything...I knew there was no BPV on the CAI..so I am very surprised that it happened...

I know there can't be that much water in there....according to this I've got some hope:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=514984

I'll post an update later.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you pull the intake off and check for water inside it or the TB like I told you to? I really dont think you hydrolocked it. From what it sounded like on the phone, sounds more like a dead battery.

Back