I.A. Summer Meet 2012

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Because it was in Nashville and this was when Chris, Eric, and I would have a meet together, it was a lot closer for us all. Plus it is now 4.5 hours away for me and 8 hours for Chris.

It's disappointing.

O well we got our meet coming up at US129 with Derek as well.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
But, what's even more stupid is they are talking about turning It into some NASCAR theme'd amusement park

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Why would moving the event to NC be a bad decision?

Please elaborate.

Everyone who attended it annually got use to where it was, and what surrounded it. A lot of mini meets took place at night or simultaneously during the day at various places around Nashville. The guy who started IA owned a Burger joint which had an awesome meet Saturday night. It was just a very cohesive experience, and I think they'll be hard pressed to make it into what it use to be. Plus Nashville is more centralized than Charlotte. But maybe the move will be better for the meet itself in terms of it surviving, who knows.

Subjectively, I'm tired of all the major meets I attend being located further away, of which there are only two. Probably won't end up going to anything this year.

Last edited:

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Everyone who attended it annually got use to where it was, and what surrounded it. A lot of mini meets took place at night or simultaneously during the day at various places around Nashville. The guy who started IA owned a Burger joint which had an awesome meet Saturday night. It was just a very cohesive experience, and I think they'll be hard pressed to make it into what it use to be. Plus Nashville is more centralized than Charlotte. But maybe the move will be better for the meet itself in terms of it surviving, who knows.

Subjectively, I'm tired of all the major meets I attend being located further away, of which there are only two. Probably won't end up going to anything this year.

That is very true. I hope the pre-meets and things of that nature carry on to Charlotte. But I suppose we will see. From what I have heard Nashville couldn't lend out the stadium at that time. So they had to find a place with enough capacity and a somewhat popular area. I hope things pick up over the years and it will grow broader but only time will tell.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
That is very true. I hope the pre-meets and things of that nature carry on to Charlotte. But I suppose we will see. From what I have heard Nashville couldn't lend out the stadium at that time. So they had to find a place with enough capacity and a somewhat popular area. I hope things pick up over the years and it will grow broader but only time will tell.

the meet is not in nashville anymore because nashville motor speedway shut down bc the previous owners can't keep it up and going. like I said they are now starting to entertain ideas of different amusement parks and other things that the Nashville motor speedway could be turned into .

the word on the street is that the nashville motor speedway is going to be open for drifting events and SCCA.

Their biggest money maker, NASCAR, is not going to use the speedway anymore which was their biggest money maker.

The owners want to make money therefore looking to turn it into something else but for the time being are still paying rent on the property. Probably don't want to have import alliance cause any possible destruction to the property since its on the market.

Also when Import Alliance was going to be in Nashville this year they couldn't get it bc before all the new speedway info they just put the status on the Nashville Motor speedway as shutdown which made its candidacy out of the picture for IA so they needed somewhere else to have it

I bet charlotte will be a success

Last edited:
Back