I don't want a new cd/radio but I want a....

Honda4Life

Reaction score
3.5" adapter jack so I can plug in a ipod.

Is there any way I can hook up a cable to the stock double din radio?

I want to keep everything as stock looking as possible (to deffer thieves)

cfox28

Reaction score
^you can do either. The radio adapter for mp3 players creates its own frequency that you car can then be tuned to. the tape deck is cheaper and plugs straight into the headphone jack. IMO the tape deck works fine, i have a 3rd gen touch and i keep the vol at 80% and then adjust accordingly with the car volume. the frequency adapter is iffy because sometime you won't get good reception, the only good part is it also charges your ipod

Sl1m_Shady

Reaction score
I had a pretty ****ty tape deck one for my ipod, but surprisingly the the music (through ipods, at least) sounded great. I also bought a gigaware fm transmitter, and at first there was some whining/distortion, but after a few days, everything worked 100%. i returned the thing though because they have a life of about a year before the transmitter goes out.

go with a tape deck one. or just invest in a new head unit.....:deal:

DrOwZee

Reaction score
i got the tape adapter for a while now and its legit. no static at all.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
yea i get what your saying. Dont get the radio one, those usually have static. tape is the best imo

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I can vouch for the Peripheral kit in Honda's. My dad has one in his S2000. It is nice because you can use your factory controls and it charges your Ipod. I don't think it has a 1/8in jack, just and Ipod connector which may be important if you have other devices. Obviously more costly.

Back