i feel like my car is missing something

tunerbum147

Reaction score
alright i know im gonna sound like a noob but what is this and why is it not in my engine baby on a 01 sedan with an F23A4.

i know its part of the brake system like a modular for abs or pessure but not exactly sure. :confused:
IMG_0366.jpg

(stole the picture from russiansohcf23. hope you dont mind:usa:)

truWarier02

Reaction score
Maybe you have the DX or LX model? My friend has an LX and he doesn't have ABS. Not sure if the trim matters..

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I think they only added ABS in 2000 with the SE, and then from then on it was only on the EX and the SE.

edit: *sigh* damn it Justin.

"The LX trim added power windows, power locks, door courtesy lights and 15" steel wheels; an SE (special edition) package available since 2000 added ABS and 15 inch alloy wheels. The EX trim added a power sunroof, a single-disc radio/CD player, alloy wheels, keyless entry, rear disc brakes, ABS and upgraded cloth. Leather seating was a factory installed option for the EX. All V6 sedan and coupe models received the new 3.0L V6 SOHC VTEC engine rated 200 bhp (150 kW) and 195 lb·ft (264 N·m) (from Acura 3.0 CL). The EX-V6 received standard leather trim, ABS, automatic transmission, and fully automatic climate control. Some dealer-installed options included: Gold finish kit, gold finish exhaust tip(s), gold finish wheel center caps, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, tape deck, fog lights, wing spoiler, alarm system, sunroof visor, car cover and accessory chrome wheels.

In 2001, both the American-market Accord sedan and coupe underwent a minor facelift. A new front fascia, rear bumper, side skirt alteration, new taillights and wheel designs freshened the Accord's look. The interior saw few changes with the exception of some fabric and audio configuration changes. The LX and LX-V6 now included a standard CD player, and the EX 4-cylinder now included a 6-disc in-dash CD changer with cassette player and the EX-6 offered that stereo plus automatic climate control. All V6 models also included a traction control system that could be disabled by a switch, the first Accord to have such a system included. The Special Edition returned to the coupe and sedan models for its final model year, 2002. It included all the features of the LX, but adds exclusive alloy wheels, ABS, keyless entry and a single CD/cassette radio."

Last edited:

dadams

Reaction score
yea my 02 se doesnt have abs either.... but for some reason i do believe that it was in the 2000 se

Back