i got a code. plz help. newb in the house

angelusnhc

Reaction score
ok here is an update. i went to the stealers today. they told me that on older cars that the cat isnt needed at all and they just cleared the cel light. ****ing retards. how is it not needed if it came on the car to begin with? anyways. they told me it wasnt a sensor at all. so how much would these sensors cost and how hard would it be to install myself? i dont know nothing about cars period.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
where is the bank 1 oxygen sensor located at? can someone post a pic for me plz

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Bank one oxygen sensor?? I'm assuming you mean the primary?? If so, pop your hood and look at the exhaust manifold, it's right there with wires running into it, then after your done, go buy a Haynes Manual at the auto parts store and read it.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
idk which one i mean. this is the code and i was told bank one is the o2 sensor. i just wanted to make sure it was the right one

p0420
catalyst efficiency
below threshold
(bank 1)

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Arrrgh, ITS THE ONE ON THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD!!

Bank one is the left side of the motor, in our case, because the motor is mounted sideways because we're FWD, left left bank would be in the front of the engine bay where the exhaust manifold is.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
well i changed out the bank 1 sensor and it worked for a while. i cleared the code and everything and today the light came back on. went to autozone and its the same code again. the guy there told me it has to be the second sensor. does anyone got any recommendations?

Back