I love special K :)

nyknick1015

Reaction score
look like its coming along well....

how tight of a squeeze is it to get the exhaust behind first of all?. I know you have to get a custom down pipe for the turbo but it looks like you are gonna have to be very careful for running into the brake master cylinder and the booster. So tight that that angle might even restrict exhaust flow a little bit. and is it even safe to have brake fluid lines so close to something so hot... something is gonna end up burning

it looks really good so far IMO, cant wait to actually see it running

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
look like its coming along well....

how tight of a squeeze is it to get the exhaust behind first of all?. I know you have to get a custom down pipe for the turbo but it looks like you are gonna have to be very careful for running into the brake master cylinder and the booster. So tight that that angle might even restrict exhaust flow a little bit. and is it even safe to have brake fluid lines so close to something so hot... something is gonna end up burning

it looks really good so far IMO, cant wait to actually see it running

It's not the booster that is in the way really it's the way the lines are bent. We will figure that out it's not as bad as you think and won't be a major issue but if it was angled a little manifold or a bit shorter moving closer to valve cover no work would be needed. The downpipe is going to be a PITA also with many bends needed.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
yea good luck with that...

also, how sturdy is that manifold/turbo in relation to the block? one of my boys did this swap in his civic and he had to end up adding an extra exhaust mount attaching the down pipe to the back of the block so engine torque didn't put a lot of strain on the down pipe. at the bottom he just added a flex pipe.. I dunno if its something you want to consider

cudablack2004

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, in MD we don't have early inspection just smog. I was not going to hack the firewall anyway just shave the engine bay a little but nothing crazy but the engine bay and firewall will be empty since the K won't take up much room leaves more room to play with if needed.

where u from in maryland! i wanna see this k swap in person!

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
yea good luck with that...

also, how sturdy is that manifold/turbo in relation to the block? one of my boys did this swap in his civic and he had to end up adding an extra exhaust mount attaching the down pipe to the back of the block so engine torque didn't put a lot of strain on the down pipe. at the bottom he just added a flex pipe.. I dunno if its something you want to consider

It's very sturdy and should not have any problems many people have been running these types of sidewinders/side mounts with no issues. Doing the downpipe is going to be fun though. Keep in mind the front mount is going to be used also unlike everyone else not using a front motor mount when they are doing K series pics are below of it.

that looks sooo sick dude. every update makes me want more haha.

Thanks man...

lookin great dre! I can't wait till its done so I can go for that ride you promised me :thumbsup:

Sure when it's done anytime.

where u from in maryland! i wanna see this k swap in person!

I'm from the Silver Spring / Rockville area but the car is not in MD, I'm sure you'll see the car around once it's done though.

Dre044.jpg

Dre045.jpg
[/

knifedag007

Reaction score
So SICK man, I still get on here from time to time just to follow up on your build.
Since I don't have my 6th gen anymore im over on 8thcivic.com much more always looking into what I should do next to my Si...as I've said before am really looking into dropping this same beast in a EK shell I have and reading your thread here is just pushing me to it. Can't wait to see the finished product. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back