I need a fast ignition/electrical expert

Datsrboi

Reaction score
First off please forgive me I am on a public computer with limited access to the internet.

My car is having a ignition problem and it is NOT the electrical switch. My actual ignition assembly is mess up to where when you turn the key it will not stay in ACC 2 (the second click before starter goes off) It is actually broken and I basicly have to hold the key to keep the car on.

Now get me if I am wrong. The electrical switch is what turns all electrical on right? Since I cannot afford to get a new ignition switch assembly (the electrical switch assembly is new but not the mechanical switch [the actual assembly where the key goes in]) I will rig my electrical switch to where when I click the key to the first ACC-I that it will act as ACC-II. Basicly wire ACC-II wire to ACC-I and so when I start the car I can turn it back to ACC-I and the car will not shut off since the mechanical section on ACC-I is strong still.

My question is does anyone know which wire is which on the electrical switch? I know it can be done. I do not have the car with me right now but I think there was 5 wires I think with two wires being thicker so I guess one is constant hot and the other one starter? Does anyone have the wiring label on those? I cannot search or have full access to this forum so I cant do a search.

LMK

Back