I need an 'upskirt' pic please ;)

Honda4Life

Reaction score
Alright people...so I am finally going to add a sub and an amp to the accord and was wondering what would be the best way to run the power cable to the battery.

I am looking for the absolute cleanest install possible so if you can please post pics of your engine bay.

Basically I am trying to get an idea a what path to take...

Thanks!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
theres an unused grommet west-southwest of the brake master cylinder...

THE cleanest way to do it would be to run it under the intake manifold (4cyl) after covering it with black/carbon techflex to prevent rubs/cuts to the insulation. but theres not a lot of stuff to secure it to under there...

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Pop the hood, you'll see a fuse box passenger side, thats where you can run the power cable to. Theres a terminal where you can connect stuff to and then a 0 gauge wire that goes to the battery so you never have to connect anything directly to the battery itself. And under that fuse box is a grommet where you can poke that wire thru the firewall. Then you can run the wire along the passenger side foot step to the amp. Run the RCA cables from the headunit to the amp on the opposite side, you never want to run them next to each other. You'll get interference because the cables aren't usually shielded as well as they're supposed to be.

Last edited:

lashlee

Reaction score
When I did my most recent revamp I ran the wire under the car. It's wrapped in techflex and inside sealtite (flexible liquid tight conduit) under the car and it comes in the trunk through the floor. Check out my cardomain site with the install pics.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
When i did mine i ran it under my intake, then through the grommet, had to use a coat hanger to fish it through. Pull the passenger side carpet and mess with it till you find it (a friend to help is a good idea too). Then take off the plastic trim pieces and run it under the carpet, under the back seat to the trunk. Mine was a ***** because i didnt know how to remove the back seat bottom.
For the rcas and remote, take off the trim piece under the steering wheel, run it there, then down behind the piece bythe hood release, and repeat like the other side.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
The cleanest way would be under the battery box, through the fender, and back under the dash. That is obviously a ***** and 1/2 to do (I measured). I went through a gromment by the brake master cylinder. It doesn't look clean if you just leave the wire as is. I covered it in some black loom that matched stock and ran it pretty close to the firewall. It's an extra wire but looks 100% stock.

Back