i need ideas for amp mounting

Darianjr1

Reaction score
not a good idea to put them on the box with all that vibration. Im just saying. What i did was mounted both of mines to the back of the seat

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
this isn't mine...

and in your mind, move the sub behind the seats and move the amps down above the spare tire well. use this as a template.

i would also use less wood near the rear seats since thats the highest point of the floor. using a lot of MDF would weigh a ton.

i think i posted these pics in another thread... :lawl:

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

Wow thats a lot of wood there buddy lolz

Darianjr1

Reaction score
alot less vibration compared to the back of the box which may in turn cause internal component damage to the amp then you wont be bump bump bumping nothing just saying take care of ya stuff and guarantee itll last long

F350spyder

Reaction score
That looks like a sturdy false floor at least. I had so many problems keeping my box mounted correctly. Maybe it was my driving though...

m_durocher

Reaction score
Ever think of mounting under the seats? thus where mine are. hard to steal. my car was just broken into and they took the subs, tried taking the amps but couldn't get the bolts out. just a thought

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
you need airflow for equipment like that that is running at a warmer temperature than the air around it.. especially if its in the heated summer. under the seat wouldn't be a good idea unless you ran a coolant fan, like on a PC or soemthing.. thats actually a good idea if you would put forth the effort. or then again you can just mount it in the trunk where there is more airflow...

einworb35

Reaction score
i made my amp rack using 1/2" MDF and mounted that behind the rear seats. its permanently closed so if you cant afford to loose that function of the car, this isnt the best route for you.

here is a picture showing where i mounted the rack too
dscf0496q.jpg

here is how it looks inside the trunk (wires cleaned up a bit now and 2 10s blocking the amps)
dscf0497o.jpg

Back