I need suggestions for another car.

hirichard

Reaction score
So I might be parting out my car and giving all my parts to my brother for his 98 sedan, and then sell my car stock. Reason being is my moms van was totaled and she needs a car for me and her to share, but she doesn't wanna drive my accord. So here is where you guys come in.

I'm currently looking for stock DA's, 1st or 2nd gen Miata's, and 5th gen Preludes. But I'm not locked into what car just yet. I'm looking for a 4cyl car, preferably manual transmission. My budget is also 5 to 6 thousand dollars. What cars do you guys have in mind?

Also, what are the pros and cons of having the cars I've listed(DA,Miata,Prelude).

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I know for sure that the 5th Gen Lude's have oil burning issues, and a couple other problems, but that seems to be one of the more common ones.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What size car is needed? Seems strange your mom would consider going from a van to a roadster.

What's a DA?

sabSquishy

Reaction score
The older integras.

And no Integra. You'll get jacked like that *snap*. Especially in our neighborhoods. Get a Miata. They're badass, rwd, and not a problem if you only plan on driving yourself to school with it. Not much cargo space however.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
The miata is tiny and if your not looking for a lot of room than go for it. A DA if u can find the gsr with of b17 :) ..... Why not get older accord ? Or a newer teg ?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
what do u want to do with this car....? u wanna mod it? keep it stock? squeeze out as much mpg as possible?

hirichard

Reaction score
I want to mod it slightly, and mainly just to get better mileage. My mom doesn't care what car just as long as it can get her from point A to point B, but doesn't want the accord. And Bill, the car is going to be garaged, haha. Plus I've got neighbors on my left and right side who both have cameras.

DA is 90-93 Integras btw. I'm mostly leaning towards a Miata because I've been secretly falling in love with them, plus I'm sure my mama wouldn't mind flossin in a convertible. I might get a hardtop for that though just for show.

EDIT: The size of the car doesn't matter btw. And the reason she wants a car instead of a van is cause most of my siblings are grown up and we only got the van so she can take all 4 of us to school. So since my brothers graduating next month, either me, my sister, or my brother will drop off my 12 year old brother off.

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I would never mod a car that I was going to share with someone else, but thats just me. I think the only person who has driven my car besides me is Kevin. Maybe Carrie once.....

Back