I need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2kaccord

Reaction score
Ok guys i just recently did the DIY intake mod where u remove the stock resonator and cut a hole in the bottom of the stock air box..it was great and still is (it roars after 4k) but i noticed when i turn the wheel slightly and accelerate my engine stalls and doesn't continue accelerating till i straighten up the wheel..idk why it is doing this and i figured i would ask u guys

2kaccord

Reaction score
ahh that could be it..i'll check some time later or tonight

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
do you have any other mods we should know about? i highly doubt that this is a result of the DIY intake (fyi, you don't need to cut a hole in the bottom of the air box, there's one naturally there)

pictures of your DIY might show us if you screwed something up

mraw112

Reaction score
Power steering pump would have NOTHING to do with your car stalling or sputtering while turning.

I don't think it would make it completely stall, but yes it can make your car sputter. As you probably know power steering uses the engines energy to pump a fluid like your ac. if you turn your ac on you can feel the engine heavier. same with power steering pump. If the belt is slipping it will go on and off really fast and does make acceleration in a turn kinda jerky.

This happened to me for a day when i forgot to tension the power steering belt once. of course it was so bad you could hear me turning from 1/2 mile away, and there was enough space for me to put my finger between my belt and the pulley.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Why do you think your car has a power steering pressure switch, its to bump idle up on lock conditons...

2kaccord

Reaction score
ok for instance just a little bit ago..i went to pass someone and while i was in the middle of passing it stalled for a sec then continued accelerating..it just now started doing this. and i cut the bottom half of the stock air box off completely and threw in a k&n high flow filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back