I REAALLYYY NEED YOUR INPUT!!! Rear speakers

xx24xx

Reaction score
Wow this thread keeps filling up with more and more HORRIBLE advise :jerkit:. I don't even know if I should bother correcting it. Never heard of a twitter lol. The brands that are being recommended are crucifiable. AND FOR CHRIST SAKE ... what the hell is hardcore rattling in reference to extreme loud? Are you a retard? Never mind that was a rhetorical question. :lawl:

The entire idea of rear fill is to simply add sound in the rear. The only time you do components rearward is when you have a large vehicle, like a SUV, or doing a surround setup like 4.1 or 5.1 Dolby. Also if you care about the rear passengers lol. If you use the rear deck you can make a sealed pod, ported or IB (infinity baffle) whatever sounds better for the application. The reality is to maximize rear fill you have to angle them or "toe them in" torwards the front. Bouncing sound off glass is gonna sound like **** regardless. You can also do some custom fiberglass work in the rear doors, along with cutting sheet metal. I will say it again... if you front speakers don't satisfy you, keep working on the front stage. You might have to spend upwards of $250 on components and more on an amp to get what you are looking for. Time alignment works friggin wonders. A lot of upper end decks have them built in. Eclipse has it even in the lower line I believe. Alpine took it a step further with being able to use a mic and correct it by a computer.

leviathann

Reaction score
I'm actually very impressed with the Focal 165vr. They really sound crisp and clear. I gotta tell you I am trully impressed. I tried to move the 6.5 I had in the front to the rear but they sound like crap and ruin the sound coming from the front. I'm not looking for LOUD that is gonna wake up the whole damn block....but more QUALITY sound. I have two 12 JL subs in a sealed box with an old school rockford two channel amp. Unfortunately, one of the channels is not working and the box for the two 12's is heavy like a b@#$%! So I took one out and put it on a single sealed box and it's running on one channel.

I'm not quite there with the prefect sound but Eventually I'm getting another 6.5 speakers to put in the rear.

For this purpose I'm still trying to figure out if 2ways are going to sound better than 3ways with the components in the front.......

I do appreciate ALL of your input!!!!!!!

Back