I REAALLYYY NEED YOUR INPUT!!! Rear speakers

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
i love running the rears. i dont know why but i like hearing music coming from all around me.

lldumboll

Reaction score
every1 has diff taste in music i guess..some ppl want that hardcore rattling, some just want loud, some just want a decent thump, i cant turn mine too loud. my mirror kept falling down n i wouldnt have to push it back up everytime my bass hit.. ahha.

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
just get some infinity kappas. it comes with a REAL twitter built in and you can slower or increase it by 3 dbs. and you can adjust it left or right. its around 100 on ebay or 90 something. very crisp and clear. if you bump loud you will need an amp for it. if you dont then you dont need it. typically the 120 watts speakers you would want to have amp for it because the headunit only powers about 60-80 watts to each speakers (correct me if im wrong)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the stock headunit provides 14 watts to each speaker since companies are (still) allowed to label their units "50x4" which is peak. and using the headunit's amp will make your display dim. theres no point of using aftermarket speakers on only 14 watts. some even say "minimum power = xx watts"

ive been rear-speakerless for years. the only way i can tell is if i'm in the backseat, but why would i be in the back of my own car? :lawl:

unless you can fit a basket under the 6x9, you'll probably get cancellation or reduced output because of the waves in the trunk the sub is making.

also food for thought: reference home stereos made for music only have 2 front speakers and possibly a sub.

lldumboll

Reaction score
just get one 12" jl and see how it sounds. if u want more then get more. thats the way to find out right now. instead of buyin everything then install it. i first got just subs w stock, and i realize the sound quality wasnt as great all i could hear was mostly BRRRR BRRRR. so i upgraded w some kenwoods sides n rears and now it sounds perfect =]

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ive never heard it, but i'm going to go ahead and disagree :lawl: a 3-way will never sound better than a component set...properly set up that is...

Back