I smell burning...

jccg5

Reaction score
the car was fine and all..and didnt smell anything burning...so then my car time is up for oil change so i take it to local and let them change my oil...and then after i change my oil....i start the car up...nothing smell burning...then my car idle for good 5 min..then when the fan kick in...i smell burning...and then i thought it was the motorcycle next to me...then i mind the bussiness...then tonite...me and my friend went to macdonald...and then i let the car seat and it idle at 600rpm and then the fan kick in ...and then i smell burning againt...then i was like "WTF" and i pop the hood..and i smell like something burning and smell really noticable around the fuel rail area and if i pop my hood and leave it open...then the smelll gone after around 2 or 3 min..but when the fan is turn on and blow...the smell come back...so what could it be...i dont wanna spend 101 for honda to look at ...is really expensive ...what could it be...it smell like some rubber..burning....can it be the oil burning process ?????? what the oil smell like

and this is the area that the smell coming from....but it gone after 2 or 3 min.. or when the engine cool is not smell...but when the fan kick in..it coming back...my friend said is just a smell from hot engine...but i dont know im scare

IMG00179.jpg

IMG00178.jpg

IMG00145-1.jpg

Last edited:

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
anybody person can help out him?.... look like you need to go have check it out in the local even is really expensive.. are you man sure it not the oil burning process?????? that the oil smell like. 700rpm is the idle regular. but dont be scare you dont be scare.

Ok enough special english.
My advice for you my brother is that just wait a couple of days. It might just be thge oil burning when you had it changed. It always happened to me, everytime i spill oil on the engine block during oil change.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
yea seems like they did a sloppy job and spilled some oil.

jccg5

Reaction score
oh by the way you what ate at macdonalds? hungry i am now.

well i dont know...i dont see nothing smell like burning..but my friends said..it smell like rubber burning or smell like dry engine with not enought oil in it...and also yea.the smell it is smell like rubber or something..idk...when they change the oil they use the oil gun...not just pour it in.......but it only smell when the hot air blown out of the engine....but after that is gone..

jbuff

Reaction score
smell like dry engine with not enought oil in it...
that has more of a sound, less of a smell....probably just dripped oil in there and its burning off....thats why its only when your engines hot

jess

jccg5

Reaction score
that has more of a sound, less of a smell....probably just dripped oil in there and its burning off....thats why its only when your engines hot

jess

yea it only smell when the engine is hot....could it be some wir melting ??? or some kind of rubber melting ??

jccg5

Reaction score
well my uncle say ...is the timing belt or some belt rubber smell, and he said the timing belt is new so is new...ands maybe that why it make a rubber smell, but againt one agaiint...it only smelll when my engine is hot and the fan kick in..not when it cold start or idle...but still idk,maybe i take the car to phoenix tomorrow and let this one mechanic look at it.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
well my uncle say ...is the timing belt or some belt rubber smell, and he said the timing belt is new so is new...ands maybe that why it make a rubber smell, but againt one agaiint...it only smelll when my engine is hot and the fan kick in..not when it cold start or idle...but still idk,maybe i take the car to phoenix tomorrow and let this one mechanic look at it.

Uhh the reason it wouldn't make the smell after a cold start is because, the uh, engine is cold. It takes time for things to heat up ya know??

I say it's oil burning off the engine......

jccg5

Reaction score
Uhh the reason it wouldn't make the smell after a cold start is because, the uh, engine is cold. It takes time for things to heat up ya know??

I say it's oil burning off the engine......

well how to make so sure about it, and my uncle check the level of oil..it stilll clean and still full...."just did oil change yesterday" , so yea, well what do you mean " oil burning off the engine ". you got the point there about the cold start, but it also only smell when the fan turn on or kick in after the fan turn off and all i can smell left is the coolant smell, which is normal

Back