I think this is a good idea... (SRI DIY)

stanleybb50

Reaction score
This allowed me to install an SRI off of my stock air tube.

I took a piece of correct sized exhaust tubing (I forget what size, but it was tapered kinda), and I just clamped the SRI right on to the stock air tube right where the airbox would normally attach.

Pictures kinda speak for themselves, but it works perfectly. I realize its a bit "long" for an SRI, so its almost like a cross between an SRI and a CAI... But its like the best of both worlds if you ask me.

Let me know your thoughts if you want.

One bonus is that it takes 5 minutes to toss the old stock airbox back in (and I left the resonator in place untouched).

SRI002.jpg

SRI003.jpg

SRI004.jpg

SRI005.jpg

Cpyro

Reaction score
my SRI looks just like that, cept that its an aluminum pipe, but basically the same, nice

C_S_L

Reaction score
I just Im not the only one who thought of that!! :boink: I did it as well but the plastic coupler I was using didnt want to hold the air filter on correctly so I just say **** it. Good work man!

stanleybb50

Reaction score
haha yeah.. I didn't realize how dirty everything looked under there until I took the picture with the flash and everything

How about tonight, I'll go and clean it up and retake the pictures! haha (if I have time).

It really does sound pretty good. I'm 27 and use the car to commute to and from downtown Pittsburgh, so I don't want something too loud. It can basically just blend in with the crowd unless I WOT. (And anyone with a SRI/CAI can probably speak to the fact that when you're WOT and hit 4k - its a pretty loud growl.

Maybe I'll make the DIY a little better with descriptions and stuff next time I take it off.

Back