I want better MPG's!

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i get 320 miles full tank city only though.ive seafoamed changed plugs and cap and rotor. 87 octane.2000 accord automatic 4dr.i have new msd wires and always set tire pressure to 32psi and also have brand new bridgestone potenza pole .not sure what else to do. no cell cars runs perfect

Chris Vu

Reaction score
yeah I get about 330-350 every 13-14 gallons .. I've never really tried going for 17 gallons =/ I have never even seen my gas light

TURBOG23

Reaction score
I've never seen my light either. As soon as the needle hits the dot above the E, I go get gas. I guess I'm afraid the light doesn't work. I've thought about riding around with a full tank of gas in the trunk and try to see how low the needle will go before I actually run out of gas.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I've never seen my light either. As soon as the needle hits the dot above the E, I go get gas. I guess I'm afraid the light doesn't work. I've thought about riding around with a full tank of gas in the trunk and try to see how low the needle will go before I actually run out of gas.

I have often contemplated doing this as well

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^You might not want to run the car so close to empty like that, some of the sludge that collects in the tank may get into other parts of the fuel system it shouldn’t.

Yes. I try to fill it up when it gets about 1/4 of the tank.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Yeah the needle will go scarily far below the line before it is actually empty.

I'm currently averaging 23mpg, but that's only because the highways and interstate between my house and school/work are very hilly. On long trips of 70-75mph average I get about 29-30mpg. And that is with a P0420 (O2 sensors) and a P1457 (EVAP)

How far below the E can it go? I always freak out and stop at the nearest gas station when it gets close to the bottom of the last line :jae:
I usually get between 27-30 mpg with an H engine and the F23's transmission. Maybe 23 (more or less) when I wake up late for work. OP how's your driving style? Or did you already answer that somewhere in this thread?

watdafck

Reaction score
Well.. i'd trade mine for yours OP :). Here's my thread sans dilemma: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45532

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back