I want Really bright Amber Indicators!

payndew

Reaction score
guys, ive seen these new toyota Tundras and tacomas runnin around with their DRL's as really bright orange that are also their indicators! How can we get our hazards to be this bright because i run around with my stock indicator lights on (1st twist of teh light switch) and i wish they were as bright and full looking as the ones i see on these new toyotas bc they'd look sick that bright on ours. Any ideas how to get em to be that bright? Ive seen members on here with really bright ones as well.. just not sure if its ps and didnt wanna offend anyone by asking. Can someone help? Thanks

(btw im a huge nub when it comes to lighting so please dont mind the stupidity
:peace:)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There is only so much current traveling through the system, so without customization anything you plug into the stock sockets will only be so bright.

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
i have LEDs that i bought for like $55 a pair...they have lik 24 leds in it and they r super bright....u can c em bright n clear during the daytime and they give pretty good lighting at nite for parking lights..Vleds.com is where u can find em

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
so it would have to be setup like fogs? using the original wire as a signal through a relay?

I'm not a wiring guru, so I'm not exactly sure of what custom work you would need to do. But like Btaffeta said you can buy a highpower LED (good ones will cost you over $50 a pair) and they will be pretty bright.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
if you want bright, get the amber LED strip in the bottom portion. someone did that before, i believe it was knightryder or something. i think he'll make it for you also for the correct amount of money.

payndew

Reaction score
i have LEDs that i bought for like $55 a pair...they have lik 24 leds in it and they r super bright....u can c em bright n clear during the daytime and they give pretty good lighting at nite for parking lights..Vleds.com is where u can find em

bro will i need any type of relay or harness for those lights? Or are they just bulbs that pplug right in, because id hate to have fast blinking Amber led's for the cops to pull me over with T_T

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just replace your flasher unit.

btw I was at a Toyota dealer last night, and saw that the trucks that have these bright amber driving lights have what looked to be like a colored reflector, so that helps in getting the color they have.

Back