IA Summer meet has been Announced

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
11 hours and 22 minutes. not horrible, considering i drove 20 hours a few weeks ago (not my car though). depends on my budget since i have to start paying back student loans :mad:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Stupid.....I realize it was last minute, even though I do not understand since they knew a year in advance that the speedway was closing, but NC is really going to hurt the turnout. Very odd choice for a location since there are not tons of highly populated areas around there. Atleast Nashville was within multiple large cities within a few hours.

Whoever is in charge of IA must pick whatever makes the least amount of since. They really should just turn it into an East Coast meet. IA in Nashville was the only meet people from the midwest could reasonably go to, well not anymore. I will end my rant though because I honestly do not see myself going to any meet outside of Nashville since I was so used to just having to drive 20 minutes. Have fun everyone! This move has officially ended my interest in the import scene.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Stupid.....I realize it was last minute, even though I do not understand since they knew a year in advance that the speedway was closing, but NC is really going to hurt the turnout. Very odd choice for a location since there are not tons of highly populated areas around there. Atleast Nashville was within multiple large cities within a few hours.

Whoever is in charge of IA must pick whatever makes the least amount of since. They really should just turn it into an East Coast meet. IA in Nashville was the only meet people from the midwest could reasonably go to, well not anymore. I will end my rant though because I honestly do not see myself going to any meet outside of Nashville since I was so used to just having to drive 20 minutes. Have fun everyone! This move has officially ended my interest in the import scene.

I definitely agree with what you are saying. Especially the part of choosing North Carolina. The only good they'll do is is populate the road US129 The Dragon for the cops to make their quotas faster.

I believe Import Alliance has definitely gone down hill within the last few years due certain trends.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
IA in Nashville was the only meet people from the midwest could reasonably go to, well not anymore.

Yup

True

I believe Import Alliance has definitely gone down hill within the last few years due certain trends.

IA 2010 was :boink:
IA 2011 was :ugh:

Last edited:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
where are you Chris? You should come out to CanAm. I'm only 6-7 hours from where we went last year :lawl:
The shenanigans are priceless

Last edited by a moderator:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
lol six hours is hardly a drive :p

6 hours is a really long drive when you do not drive an accord anymore....plus I am not going to spend my hard earned money to see the crap that was at IA 2011. I partly regretted going to that, and I only had to drive 20 min. The meet is becoming more about them making profit than about the car scene. A few years ago the meet felt like a family, people no matter what they drove were very friendly. Now that it has become mainstream it has more of a "I'm better than you" attitude, and it seems like that is always fights, trash left everywhere, and a general lack of respect for the event staff and location.

Not going to spend $400 or so to deal with the immature classless people that tend to ruin these events. The only part I enjoyed about last year was getting to spend the weekend with the accord scene, minus some of their flaking. But I will not get into that again haha.

Snoobly

Reaction score
6 hours is a really long drive when you do not drive an accord anymore....plus I am not going to spend my hard earned money to see the crap that was at IA 2011. I partly regretted going to that, and I only had to drive 20 min. The meet is becoming more about them making profit than about the car scene. A few years ago the meet felt like a family, people no matter what they drove were very friendly. Now that it has become mainstream it has more of a "I'm better than you" attitude, and it seems like that is always fights, trash left everywhere, and a general lack of respect for the event staff and location.

Not going to spend $400 or so to deal with the immature classless people that tend to ruin these events. The only part I enjoyed about last year was getting to spend the weekend with the accord scene, minus some of their flaking. But I will not get into that again haha.

I understand :/ It was my first one and i thought it was totally awesome, so i'm sure it was even better in previous years. I did notice the " I'm better than you" attitude, but i just make a point to ignore those people. Drives me nuts. glad i got your opinion though, opens my eyes a little more.

Shadow1

Reaction score
ill show up this year. simply for the facts that 1)ive never been before and wanted to go, and 2) maybe ill be able to meet some of yall and 3) because its like a 3hr drive for me.

if i get me and my crew members together, we can mob down there. that way it wont be such a boring drive.

Back