iDriftYou's Mk3 Supra Build Thread

iDriftYou

Reaction score
So Erick came down and helped me and Matt out. Next day, my car decided to throw a rod through the block. :Smoker: So I'm picking up a fully built block tomorrow, didn't plan on it being this soon, but 600whp doesn't sound to bad.

9450erick

Reaction score
So Erick came down and helped me and Matt out. Next day, my car decided to throw a rod through the block. :Smoker: So I'm picking up a fully built block tomorrow, didn't plan on it being this soon, but 600whp doesn't sound to bad.
that was not ma fault lol
when u gonna put the new block in, i might be down for round two on helping you guys out
srry man/ u push that thing a lil to hard lol

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Try seeing if a 2jzgte block will work.

Thats suprising that happened, do you have any pictures? the motor must have been having issues before, or high miles and you drove too hard. I would find out why it threw a rod before just tossing in another block.

S13 @ FullBoost

Reaction score
threw a rod haha way to leave out how it caught on fire lol if it wasn't for the retired cop who had a fire extinguisher we would have had to yell nos!!!!!!! and run I enjoy working on your supra just gives a headache time to time =]

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Not seeing too many update pics on this bad boy, someone forgetting to have the camera handy!!! :lawl:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
uuhh.. so, it threw a rod.. was tht caused by u guys tinkering with the motor...?? if so, i'd let an experienced mechanic work on the car instead....

S13 @ FullBoost

Reaction score
uuhh.. so, it threw a rod.. was tht caused by u guys tinkering with the motor...?? if so, i'd let an experienced mechanic work on the car instead....

actually i believe it threw a rod because the guy we bought the car from was a scamer and full of shiit Pretty sure he tried to hide the rod knock with an 80 weight oil because one we changed the oil we could hear a faint ticking. once we changed the water pump thermostat upper lower hoses and the radiator we bleed the cooling system it was great next day pop.

but thanks for your concern

juicebox00

Reaction score

if you consider stuff like changing oil tinkering w/ the engine....lol

LoSt GhoSt

Reaction score
Fix her right up man. My bro had a 2nd gen 1jz twin turbo supra. That car was awesome!!!

DSC_1224.jpg

Those 3rd gen look real nice. Can't wait for more progress.

Back