If i pull my Traction Control fuse will that disengage it with no consequences?

Johnson

Reaction score
I have traction control too.
If the switch is either on or off it will turn itself on. There is no way to turn it off perm. to my knowledge

finch13

Reaction score
my 02 v6 has it its just a switch by the sunroof that you can toggle on or off. i use it in rain or snow but dont notice too much of a difference using it

It should be always on... the switch usually turns it off. I've never seen a Honda with TCS/VSA that doesn't have a switch to turn it off.

Easiest way to tell what it's doing is to push the button, if the TCS light comes on and stays on, that means the system is off.

TCS is a simple concept. It's the exact opposite of ABS. ABS monitors wheel speed and when it detects a wheel is spinning slower that the others (i.e. locked up) it relieves brake pressure to that wheel, waits for it to speed up again, then adds brake pressure. If the speed drops again it repeats the cycle. I happens about 20-100 times per second, that's why it feels like a pulse in the pedal. TCS, on the other hand, detects when a wheel is spinning too fast and pulses brake pressure to the slipping wheel. It's all the same system, the ABS control module just switches between functions using the brake pedal switch.

Tire traction peaks when tire slip is between 10% and 20%. ABS/TCS will minimize it to about 5%, which is less than desired, but at least it does something.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Well it's possible that it doesn't fully turn it off like someone said. In my mom's maxima, if you turn off the tcs, and try to burn out... it'll still basically come on and limit tire slip. Just not as much as before. Weird.

finch13

Reaction score
I know it's only on the EX V6 models, not sure the years, but 01-02 sounds right.

Yes, you have to turn it off every time you start the engine.

Hmm... I think all Honda TCS/VSA systems are very similar. In our '04 MDX, when you turn VSA off, you get full control of the car. Make for a TON of fun on a few inches of snow.

One thing I'm not sure about is if VSA and the VTM-4 AWD system are controlled together. I don't know if turning off VSA limits an MDX to only FWD.

no traction control

no abs

FTMFW! I hate ABS... it's really only useful for people who don't how to ****ing brake.

Last edited:

dtraill27

Reaction score
on my 02 you have turn it on and it turns off every time you turn the car off. when you push the button in the yellow tcs light comes on on the dash.

car010-1.jpg

the two buttons circled are cruise and tcs the top one being tcs

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
i have a 2000 ex v6 sedan and i don't have traction control ????
nor have i seen a light come on when i loose traction

Back