If you like the smartcar, you'll LOVE this....

silverbullet99

Reaction score
so I just found out about the worlds cheapest car today, the "Tata Nano".
for only about 2k, you get a lil 10 ft car with:
-no P/S (prob wouldn't even need it with 2 inch wide tires lmao)
-no airbags (optional)
-no A/C (optional)
-no ABS
-50 MPG
-65 MPH top speed
-a motor that has about 1/4 the displacement of an F23 (it MUST be a single cyl)

I guess its only over in india right now but they plan on making a US version within the next 3 years. I'm thinking I just might have to trade my accord in for one..... haha YA RIIIIGHT. it looks like a prius and a smartcar got it on and had a retarded baby.

http://automotivecredits.com/the-worlds-cheapest-car-tata-nano

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I heard about this a while back. It'd be great if you commute a lot.

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
Oh great a knock off of the smart car thats a great way to become a stain on the highway :thinking:

and remember its made in india so you get what you pay for it

Last edited:

ActNow

Reaction score
I remember reading about this in the local paper months ago. Should be interesting. Seems like to me its the tricycle (with training wheels) of cars so to speak.

rich rob

Reaction score
Actually, Tata owns Jaguar and Land Rover. The car is made for a specific market and I am sure it appeals to them. Also it is a car that will be more affordable to those in that market. Can't really knock it, just don't think it would do well in this market.
In India, you might not really need anything more. Maybe not even a 6th gen.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
ya i didn't know ford sold jaguar and land rover, i guess they must be doing pretty shytty. anyone heard anything about how ford and gm have been doing since they got all that bailout money?? haha, I never saw honda get on their knees and beg for any bailout money.

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
ya i didn't know ford sold jaguar and land rover, i guess they must be doing pretty shytty. anyone heard anything about how ford and gm have been doing since they got all that bailout money?? haha, I never saw honda get on their knees and beg for any bailout money.

Honda didn't need a bailout to restructure their marketing technique like these US companies they needed it to provide more financing offers at their dealerships

Back