Ignition switch crapping out?

cliffsta

Reaction score
Long time, no see, 6GA.com!! Still rockin' my sticker and decided to keep the car since its paid off and in my name! Getting tires for my Motegi FF7s tomorrow and putting the RIMZZ back on!!

Anywho. My car has developed a weird problem. When you put the key in and turn it to the "ON" position, about half the time it doesn't click into "ON" it stays in "ACC".... you have to turn the key and hold pressure towards the start (without starting it) to get it to cycle to "ON"... sometimes it'll drop out of "ON" going down the road, killing the car :( :run:

Any thoughts? Is it just the switch inside the steering column going bad? Is this a DIY fix or am I bending over at the stealership?

F23A1AT

Reaction score
here ya go if you read through it you can see the symptoms others have listed and see if they match what your car is doing. Sounds like this is the problem though. GL

cliffsta

Reaction score
Damn, figures there's a DIY for this that I overlooked. Yeah, definately what I think I have going on. Gonna call the dealership and see if they'll do it for free. If not, I'll do it my damn self.

Back