I'm back

Varnell

Reaction score
Welcome back. I've definitely seen your name a few times while searching through swap threads.

Those headers. :drool:

Any noticeable gains from the traction bars/torque dampers? The only thing I'm not looking forward to with my J32 is spinning tires through 1st and 2nd.

akoutmos

Reaction score
Lol the vibrant performance headers are quite nice. With the vibrant resonators and muffler, it's very quiet, but made good power, so doesn't seem like it is restrictive.

I haven't been able to fully test the traction bars. I was living in city apartments for the past 2 years...no garage (it was a hell on earth lol) so i've only done minimal testing. They def help with launching. Haven't experienced any wheel hop or anything. I'll let you know about cornering once i take it autocrossing again.

Now that the 1LE Camaro has also been sold, the accord is my only sporty car. As I develop the platform i'll work on the weak points of the car. The plan is to make it an autocross monster...so hopefully i'll have some fun diving deeper into the car and updating you guys :)

twofast4u

Reaction score
Damn. I'm legit liking this setup. I'm still on the fence for euro r h22 and stay obd2 for emissions or boost f23....decisions....decisions... How the the H22 handle compared to your previous setup?

akoutmos

Reaction score
I def miss the torque from the boosted F23. The H22 is nice, but man you really need to wind it out to get anything out of the motor. Even with the T2W4 (the shortest of the H22 trans as far as i know) raw acceleration doesn't compare with the boosted F23. If you want to keep your car OBD2 compliant, a boosted F23 is the best route to go.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive :)

891577_10100656025212255_287840160_o.jpg
Yay! That ESP traction bars looks good! Do you notice the difference in feeling? I forgot; Can they be mounted on a V6?

akoutmos

Reaction score
I think the subframes on the v6 and the 4 cyl accords are the same (not positive on that so don't quote me :p). So you should be able to use the traction bars on the v6.

As for performance. I honestly haven't had much for a chance to put the accord through it's paces. Wheel hop is def gone. But i still need to align the car and make sure the everything else is buttoned up. The shop that did the work did a terrible job :/. Which means i need to go through and clean up everything. I should have waiting till moving out of the city to do the build myself in my own garage. Can't trust anyone to do quality work these days.

Soon as I get everything buttoned up and taken care of i'll be autocrossing it. I'll let you guys know how she handles then :).

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Alright, let us know how it feels when you track your baby!

Will be looking forward to checking out your place, too!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just realized you were very tongue-in-cheek about mentioning you sold the Camaro. Why did you get rid of it? Just surprised to see someone choose a FWD 4cyl over a RWD V8 haha.

akoutmos

Reaction score
The 1LE was an amazing car. One of the best cars i've ever owned! Great at AutoX, comfortable, and DAT V8!!!!!

In one word, to summarize why i solid it...baby. Me and my wife had our first beautiful baby girl...so I had to cut some expenses. While I am sad to see the Camaro go, you gotta do what you gotta do.

So back to the Accord I go. She's always there for me :).

A little autoX vid of the 1LE

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Congratulations! How old is she now? My wife and I had our first girl in September last year. I’m finally saving for my next car since the Accord is up around 182k miles (drivetrain is around 87k).

Thanks for the vid, looks like a great time. Think I saw a little fishtailin’. :)

Last edited:
Back