I'm DONE!!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
dumb question, why not spend $150 to get it dyno tuned and then go from there?

seems foolish imo to just rip everything off so soon. either way though, hope everything works out for you

acrod99

Reaction score
Wildman said:
dumb question, why not spend $150 to get it dyno tuned and then go from there?

seems foolish imo to just rip everything off so soon. either way though, hope everything works out for you
I've gone over all the options and what i can afford right now, and this is what me, friends, and family decided. It's not like we started tearing it down right away-i've been thinking about this for about 2 weeks. If i could even get the car to a dyno, it would help as well. as of now, when we parked it last, #1 and #4 spark plugs were 'floatin' in oil-full to the brim. I'm nearly broke from all this, and i need to sell everything, make some money, and just store the car till spring. Maybe i can get the 5k trade-in value, but i doubt it.

HandoEX

Reaction score
I'm confused:confused:
What happened and why give up on the project? Why throw all that money at the car and give up on it like this? Did something go wrong or are you just wanting a change?

acrod99

Reaction score
Everything went wrong, man. I'm never turboing an n/a car again. i'm very tired of the problems associated with it. I just want to put the past behind me, learn from my mistakes, and trade in the car. I dont reccomend anyone doing a turbo themselves (dumb to say when i'm selling akit, i know), have it professionally installed and tuned asap. Don't **** up a decent engine like mine.

HandoEX

Reaction score
acrod99 said:
Everything went wrong, man. I'm never turboing an n/a car again. i'm very tired of the problems associated with it. I just want to put the past behind me, learn from my mistakes, and trade in the car. I dont reccomend anyone doing a turbo themselves (dumb to say when i'm selling akit, i know), have it professionally installed and tuned asap. Don't **** up a decent engine like mine.
Did you toast the f23?
Either way, it suck to lose you and your turbo 6th gen from the fold!

acrod99

Reaction score
I don't think it's toasted, but if we had been out for any longer that night-yeah-it was close. We're puttin the headers and intake back on and hoping it will run ok, then we'll fix whatever issues it has, and trade it in in the spring.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
look at the bright side, with all the accords out there you should be able to pick up a replacement f23 for like $500 if you did blow it. you probably just messed up your rings though

acrod99

Reaction score
Really? $500? I didn't know that. If i could, that would change some things.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
well don't quote me on that, but there are so many accords on the road I'd imagine there would be a proportional amount sitting around in junkyards too.

you done a compression check or anything on the engine?

Back