Infiniti 4 channel amp to infiniti kappas

tArebelpinoy

Reaction score
either i need help with SPECIFIC installation instructions (pics would be nice) and what type of rcas and amp wiring kit should i invest in??

or is it worth it? i think my kappas sound amazing without an amp but i was told by a stereo shop its like im not even using the kappas to potential...

should i sell the amp, install myself (with no exp), or spend 100 having a custom install... any suggestions?

eDub

Reaction score
You should keep the amp because it actually does make a difference in sound quality and if you have infinity kappas you radio doesn't have the power to push them to there potential. its not hard at all to install it. my first install, I installed a 4-way amp(for interior) and a 2-way amp(for the 2 12's in the trunk) and had the amp amps installed under the driver and passanger seat in less than 2 hours by myself.

mista jc

Reaction score
Most drastic improvements you can do is 6x9s paired with an amp. I have the exact same 6x9s but a different 500w 4 ch amp for the inside speakers. Day and night difference, I only keep it at volume 30 out of 60.

tArebelpinoy

Reaction score
You should keep the amp because it actually does make a difference in sound quality and if you have infinity kappas you radio doesn't have the power to push them to there potential. its not hard at all to install it. my first install, I installed a 4-way amp(for interior) and a 2-way amp(for the 2 12's in the trunk) and had the amp amps installed under the driver and passanger seat in less than 2 hours by myself.

does it matter what brand of wiring kit and RCA's i use? some guy at a stereo shop said to get street kings and i forgot what rca's. where can i go for amp installation instructions? i just dont wanna **** up my speakers

I4 CG5

Reaction score
I quick Google search yielded this.

Adding an amp to almost any speaker will make it sound A LOT better.

IMO speaker wire is speaker wire, brand wise. Especially if you are satisfied with the way they sound now, you probably won't notice a difference between cheaper speaker wire and expensive speaker wire. The main thing you're going to want to look at is the size of the wire. I would recommend 12 or 14 awg (I have 12 in my car).

RCA's are a different story. I think it is easier to tell the difference between crappy RCA's and nicer RCA's. No need to buy $100 pair, but don't get the cheapest ones, either.

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
if ur installing your own amp, make sure u tune it rite, you know how they say u learn from ur mistakes, well i went through four subs because my amp wasnt tuned rite, i took it to a local shop so they can tune it rite walked out with all new interior speakers and a new sub lol now its better, but theres always room for upgrades lol :D best of luck!

eDub

Reaction score
wires/rca do make a difference, but Im not gonna tell you to spend a whole lot of money on cable just get the best cables you can afford. Plus when you do set up the system make sure you prpperly ground the amps. give me an idea of how you wanna set up your sound system and i can try to get a picture diagram for you.

tArebelpinoy

Reaction score
wires/rca do make a difference, but Im not gonna tell you to spend a whole lot of money on cable just get the best cables you can afford. Plus when you do set up the system make sure you prpperly ground the amps. give me an idea of how you wanna set up your sound system and i can try to get a picture diagram for you.

i have a kappa perfect 12" sub wired to a infiniti mono-channel amp and i have kappas wired to the pioneer head unit right now but i want to wire them to a 4 channel amp im not sure what you mean by kind of set up. i just want to wire the amp to the speakers and put the amp somewhere in my trunk hidden preferably like in the spare wheel compartment... im not sure about grounding... dont i just need to hook up the grounders to metal like i did with the sub? are there different ways to wire the amp to the sub like parallel and "somethin else"? im just not sure the best way. im looking for high quality at an affordable price lol

dynasty

Reaction score
if ur installing your own amp, make sure u tune it rite, you know how they say u learn from ur mistakes, well i went through four subs because my amp wasnt tuned rite, i took it to a local shop so they can tune it rite walked out with all new interior speakers and a new sub lol now its better, but theres always room for upgrades lol :D best of luck!

sounds like your amp was more powerful than your subs. you should keep it around the same wattage. maybe that's why it keep on blowing up.

dynasty

Reaction score
i have a kappa perfect 12" sub wired to a infiniti mono-channel amp and i have kappas wired to the pioneer head unit right now but i want to wire them to a 4 channel amp im not sure what you mean by kind of set up. i just want to wire the amp to the speakers and put the amp somewhere in my trunk hidden preferably like in the spare wheel compartment... im not sure about grounding... dont i just need to hook up the grounders to metal like i did with the sub? are there different ways to wire the amp to the sub like parallel and "somethin else"? im just not sure the best way. im looking for high quality at an affordable price lol

umm. how do you ground your subs? you suppose to ground your amp only. the subs have no power whatsoever. the amp GIVES the power to the sub so you don't need to ground the subs. also, i wouldn't recommend hiding the amp in the spare wheel compartment. because the amp need as much air flow as possible. or else it will fry. for those amp that is hidden in there as car shows, they have full air venting them out. plus, they only turn on their amp at car shows and not as a daily driver. i would just put my amp onto the sub box itself. i have a 400watt subs so it's safe to put it on there. haven't had a problem so far and it's more than 2 years now.

Back