Innovative Mounts

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
No I never attempted to install it this weekend.worked on my side skirts instead..ha i might give it a try this weekend..idk

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Whats the best way to install the tranny mount?
Support the tranny with a jack and lower it down to get to the 2 bottom bolts? or what.
I can see the 2 bolts..top and bolt closest to the radiator..cant see the bolt towards the firewall.
shop will charge 100-125$ to install one mount.Since they sent me the wrong kit and they couldn't install it during the rest of them..so extra money to get the correct mount in

Last edited:

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
Whats the best way to install the tranny mount?
Support the tranny with a jack and lower it down to get to the 2 bottom bolts? or what.
I can see the 2 bolts..top and bolt closest to the radiator..cant see the bolt towards the firewall.
shop will charge 100-125$ to install one mount.Since they sent me the wrong kit and they couldn't install it during the rest of them..so extra money to get the correct mount in

if I make it out to my car today i'll take some pics of the engine bay without the motor. your wondering about the rear mount right?

HomerJay

Reaction score
Finally!! The updated transmission mount fits PERFECTLY!

P9250304.JPG

It took a while to find the time; I figured I'd wait until it cooled down a bit but today was a scorcher!

When I installed it, I had an engine hoist on hand. I connected the hoist to the loop that I moved from the right side of the engine block to the left side.

Something similar to this (ignore the jack and the removed bumper as this picture was taken when I was replacing the clutch):

P4110151.JPG

I'm sure the same thing can be done with a jack carefully placed under the transmission; since I have a hoist, I took advantage of it. Be sure to use a large block of wood between the jack and the transmission.

I removed the air intake and battery before removing the original mount. This way, there is more room to work. Also remove the bolt holding the battery cables and A/C tubes to the battery tray (torque spec: 7.2 lbf-ft).

After removing the original mount (including the aluminum mount bracket that attaches to the transmission), I found the best way to install the Innovative mount was to:

1. Install the mount on the chassis to spec (47 lbf-ft)
  2. Loosen the front engine mount bolts (the mount to engine bolts; 3 x 14mm)
  3. Lower the engine hoist slowly. It can being lowered but no need to move quickly.
  4. Put the aluminum mount bracket in place (note that the poly on the new mount will prevent fitting very easily)
  5. Raise, lower, repeat as needed to get the through bolt in place. This is a royal pain given how tough the poly on the new mount is.
  6. Tighten the nuts that attach the aluminum mount bracket to the transmission
  7. Lower the hoist completely
  8. Tighten the aluminum mount bracket nuts to spec (28 lbf-ft)
  9. Tighten the through bolt to spec (40 lbf-ft)
  10. Tighten the front bolts to spec (27 lbf-ft)

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
if I make it out to my car today i'll take some pics of the engine bay without the motor. your wondering about the rear mount right?

No the passenger side mount thats on top of the tranny.

^ thats awesome news on the mount.thats the one they sent me.Yea i dont have a hoist handy but i do have 2 jacks and wood..so i might give it a try tmr If i have time.. :skurred:

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
No the passenger side mount thats on top of the tranny.

^ thats awesome news on the mount.thats the one they sent me.Yea i dont have a hoist handy but i do have 2 jacks and wood..so i might give it a try tmr If i have time.. :skurred:

O good LOL I didn't make it to my car yesterday :jerkit::whip_001:

that mount should be no problem to replace you'll only need one of those jacks no need for a hoist the legs would only get in the way

98acclude

Reaction score
so should I even attempt getting these to stiffen up the mounts holding my h22??? Im scared to even attempt trying to get these and get the old set or for some reason the driverside mount doesnt fit worth a crap because I do have the h22... Im thinking window weld is gonna be my best bet! less headache I think with results the 1st time

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
ordered my set this morning made shure to make note that I was ordering through them so I would get the revised kit. I still dont have my motor in the car but I am going to make shure tha flanges/bolt holes match up nicely.

I will update this theead with my findings. so far I am stoked!

Back