Installing dash tweeters

ib042129

Reaction score
Can someone help me find nice instructions on how to replace/install the tweeters our cars have mounted in the dash. There seems to be very little space to try and get there, so I'm hoping people know some trick.

(Although, I should really replace my windshield, so I might put in the tweeters when the glass is out.)

jaz

Reaction score
dude if you're glass is out it will be 100x easier... with mine i used tweeters from my stereo system that are like 2.5" and don't fit.. so make sure you get the right size.. 1" or less i believe.. and all you have to do is pry the cover open with a flat head.. put cloth underneath so it doesnt scratch.. pull the tweeter really really hard to disconnect it from the wires (seriously) then get your new tweeters and color match them to wires (black with black, red with red) just like tie the wires that go together together and you can either you electrical tape or solder or that wrap stuff that you heat down.. with mine i just used electrical tape.. (really tight not loose) and put a plastic wire cover thingie over it.. really simple.. gl :)

sizzlinbeef

Reaction score
Getting them out is the easy part. Fitting the new tweeters in the metal brackets is also relatively easy, maybe requiring some metal cutting. The hard part is if you're bypassing the stock wiring. I still have no idea how I got a coat hanger through the dashboard channels. I just said a prayer every time I fed it through and after about 100 tries on each side it finally popped through. A bright colored coat hanger works better, and preferably one that is plastic coated, to avoid damage to the dash.

Back