Installing HIDs this weekend

xx24xx

Reaction score
I will be installing my HIDs and new blackhoused headlights this weekend. I'm curious if there is any tips and pointers? I've never installed anything like this before so I'm worried I will fry something, or myself. :p

HIDs are Kaixen 6000K 9006. The instructions look like easy plug and play. Will I need any additional wires, special tools, etc? Where do I mount the balasts? Thanks guys.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
no additional wires and just double sided tape or something and mount it somewhere secure.

xx24xx

Reaction score
What about aiming? I understand I need to use a wall for reference. Just use a wrench and screw around with it until I get desired direction?

Johnson

Reaction score
What about aiming? I understand I need to use a wall for reference. Just use a wrench and screw around with it until I get desired direction?

its really just plug and play.. just need your hands and 1 minute.
to adjust it you'll need a wrench and there should be gears on the back of your headlight. one goes up one goes down.

kurtage77

Reaction score
It should actually be easier since the headlights are not on the car yet.
Put the bulbs in first.
I have my ballasts mounted underneath the headlights, but do what you will, because if it does have double sided tape included, chances are they'll fall off.
So buy some double sided tape like lemmy said! lol

gL with it and take pics when you're done!

swollen_cu

Reaction score
to make it easy to install the bulbs, put them in the headlight first before installing the headlight.

Also for ballast mounting options, if you do not have ABS, you have that big empty space on the driver's side, and for the passenger's side, you can mount it someone down by the battery..

But since you have your bumper off, find a place to mount it so it wont be visible when you open your hood.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
make sure you mount it securely, these things are not shock proof. Especially the analog ballasts....assuming that's what you got if you did not order from DDM tuning. The digital ballasts are very thin compared to the analog ones. You will want to re-search buying a relay harness as well so you don't have igniting problems later on, like one light turning on.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
have the wire thingy on the bulb facing downwards, pointing at 6 o clock.

Back