Installing new coilovers....

haoleflip

Reaction score
Is it hard to do?

A little background about me: I work on my own car. I do all of the usual (easy) maintenance such as oil changes, changing brake pads, installed my body kit, headers, intake, exhaust, changed headlamps, replaced radiator, alternator, etc etc.

NOW, I have some new F&F Type 1's coming in the mail and I just need to know what the difficulty is going to be to install them. I am a very smart, do-it-myself-money-saving type of person and by watching various how-to videos online I feel somewhat confident it can be done. I have all of my own tools and jacks, so that won't be a problem. Can someone give me any tips or pointers or DO NOT DO's? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I have a 1999 LX Sedan 3.0 V6

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
If you have a second hand, it will be alot easier. An impact gun will make it 10x easier aswell.

If not, your basic tool kit will work fine, just have to use more effort.

Pretty much step by step of taking off bolts, installing new suspensions and putting it all together. To me the front is easier to install because the rears you have to take off the little edge of the seat.

Just have a jack handy or a friend to help pull the brake disk up so your fork will line up with the hole so you can put that bolt in securely.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Its easy bro. Hand tools and wrenches is all you need. Do it end by end instead of side by side.

Back