Instrument Cluster Compatibility

MikeyMike

Reaction score
im actually upset at myself for not knowing the answer to this..

Honda says no, but then again honda told me that a 4dr kph cluster wouldnt work in my 99 v6 either (which it does)

**Need to know for sure if a 4cyl cluster will work in a v6 and visa/versa :boohoo:

I currently have a kilometer cluster in my car, but i dont remember what the specs were when i bought it(i want to believe it was v6 because i never knew the answer to this question). Im trying to sell it to someone, I asked him to let me install it to see if it will work and hes being a pain in the ***.. hes afraid "something will happen" In the end im more then likely not going to sell it to him because of this, but it would be good to know if i want to sell it to someone else.

twofast4u

Reaction score
The only difference between the clusters are whether its from a V6 or 4cyl. I tried installing a 4cyl cluster in a v6, everything worked except the temp gauge. I'm thinking its safe to assume if you put a v6 cluster in a 4cyl, the same thing will happen also.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
The only difference between the clusters are whether its from a V6 or 4cyl. I tried installing a 4cyl cluster in a v6, everything worked except the temp gauge. I'm thinking its safe to assume if you put a v6 cluster in a 4cyl, the same thing will happen also.

the temp gauge works differenly between 98/99 and 00-02.

98/99 read directly from the sensor built into the flow tube, 00-02 read through another sensor and base off the ECU

when i swapped i had to re-drill the sensor in because the 03 engine didnt have it

AFAccord

Reaction score
Your tach will be off since it will be seeing 6 pulses per revolution rather than 4 that it's calibrated for. Unless you just wanna see your V6 spin up to 9k rpm. :naughty:

Back