Insurance Payout - for Repairs

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
Ive been told Magnaflow only makes Exhaust systems for the Sedan 4 Cyl 2.3L, which is longer than the coupe.
Has anyone with a coupe modified the Sedan version by cutting and welding?

Also does anyone know another performance exhaust system that would fit the accord 2.3L 4cyl 2 Door.
Also any advice on Performance Cat Converter 2.3 L 4 Cyl. Will Magnaflow direct fit ones, pass emissions _ Im from Toronto.

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Ive been told Magnaflow only makes Exhaust systems for the Sedan 4 Cyl 2.3L, which is longer than the coupe.
Has anyone with a coupe modified the Sedan version by cutting and welding?

Also does anyone know another performance exhaust system that would fit the accord 2.3L 4cyl 2 Door.
Also any advice on Performance Cat Converter 2.3 L 4 Cyl. Will Magnaflow direct fit ones, pass emissions _ Im from Toronto.

You can always either cut or add to the midpipe of any exhaust system to make it fit flush. In addition you can also ask the exhaust shop to simply reverse the hanger direction if needed to allow for clearance.
^I had to do both of the above to my magnaflow to allow it to sit flush with my rear bumper.

Other exhausts you can try are Apexi WS2, Tanabe, Yonaka

Emissions in Ontario are no longer a sniffer test. Hence you can have no cat-converter and as long as your o2 sensors "think" a cat.converter is there you will pass. With that said I would consider a magnaflow oem grade direct fit converter if you are going to spend the money as they're packed with much more precious metals.

As for your other repairs...
Use OEM front upper control arms with ball joints. Do not cheap out on them and do not press out just the upper ball joint.

You can order your full brakes (pads/rotors/shoes/drums(if needed)) from RockAuto.com and search and find one of the many 5% coupon codes. Try to order all parts from the same warehouse to save even more on shipping. I've used wagner thermoquiet brakes and been happy with them.

Do not replace the rear sway bar and upgrade to the TLS thicker bar instead and pick up the Moog Endlinks with your brake order from RockAuto. You can pick up the rear sway bar, bushings and brackets from an acura dealer either locally or online (USA).

You can also try to buy the oil pan from rockauto as it seems to be only $40 for a new one.

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Stunna Appreciate it. I'll look into those parts. Do you know any canadian places though, Im assuming duties will be a pain..

001Stunna

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Stunna Appreciate it. I'll look into those parts. Do you know any canadian places though, Im assuming duties will be a pain..

RockAuto charges you tax directly...hence no duties or anything extra to pay when products arrive at your door.

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
I have the 02 Accord SE coupe.
And am gonna get both the magnaflow exhaust cat back. and the cat converter.
Does anyone know if i will need to buy a another o2 sensor? or i can just replace my current cat converter with the new magnaflow one?

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
Thanks for the help all.
Paint is pretty good overall. I just have to see if i will need a frame front cross member, the steel piece that hit my undercarriage was about 1.5 M length . So i'll have to see if that needs to be replaced or not. I hope the cross-member is good though.

So far Im thinking Dorman oil pan, moog driver side upper control arm, moog sway bar end links, Magnaflow catback exhaust, Magnaflow OEM Cat Converter.

Any advice on 4 wheel brake kit on rockauto? I have drum brakes

001Stunna

Reaction score
Thanks for the help all.
Paint is pretty good overall. I just have to see if i will need a frame front cross member, the steel piece that hit my undercarriage was about 1.5 M length . So i'll have to see if that needs to be replaced or not. I hope the cross-member is good though.

So far Im thinking Dorman oil pan, moog driver side upper control arm, moog sway bar end links, Magnaflow catback exhaust, Magnaflow OEM Cat Converter.

Any advice on 4 wheel brake kit on rockauto? I have drum brakes
Wagner Thermoquiet Pads/Rotors/Shoes/Drums; I've used them for 5 years now and been happy.

Back